Methodology explanation?

JSG
Strange Fruit

Methodology explanation?

Post by JSG »

Hello, my apologies if this topic is covered elsewhere, but I’ve spent hours looking for it and came up with nothing.

Is there an explanation of the methodology used to rank artists (beyond a simple composite of albums and songs: surely it is more nuanced than that)? Also, what is the rationale for crediting guest artists in some songs but not others? To my eyes there should be more than 4112 artists listed.
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Methodology explanation?

Post by Henrik »

The formula is presented here:
viewtopic.php?p=27129

Guest artists are generally counted if they have another entry as a main artist.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
JSG
Strange Fruit

Post by JSG »

Henrik wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:29 am The formula is presented here:
viewtopic.php?p=27129

Guest artists are generally counted if they have another entry as a main artist.
Thanks so much. This was very helpful.

I think there may still be some guest artists with a main entry who aren’t getting credit for collaborations, but I need to go back and check.

This is a wonderful site. Thank you for all the time and effort you’ve put into it.
Edre Depeche Head
Movin' On Up

Post by Edre Depeche Head »

JSG wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:07 pm
Henrik wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:29 am The formula is presented here:
viewtopic.php?p=27129

Thanks so much. This was very helpful.

I think there may still be some guest artists with a main entry who aren’t getting credit for collaborations, but I need to go back and check.

This is a wonderful site. Thank you for all the time and effort you’ve put into it.
I feel like there is always a little bit of confusion with some features. Some songs don't credit features even if they play a major role. "SICKO MODE" is on Drakes page as well even though he isn't technically listed as a feature but Travis Scott isn't listed for "Fade" by Kanye because he isn't listed.
Edre the Depeche Head
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

You can always report things like these in the error thread.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”