The Hot 100 Thread No One Asked For (2022)

ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

The Hot 100 Thread No One Asked For (2022)

Post by ProjectTermina »

If any of you are mildly curious about the Hot 100, the chart that the US music industry uses to gauge songs’ overall popularity and commercial success, I thought I might do a little summary of each week’s chart just for giggles. Feel free to discuss and comment in this thread as you please.

The Billboard Hot 100 chart dated February 5th was released today, February 1st. This chart tracks United States airplay, sales, and streaming beginning on Friday, January 21st, 2022 and ending on Thursday, January 27th, 2022. This bizarre schedule is indebted to Billboard’s history as a weekly print magazine.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2022-02-05/

This week, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from the Encanto soundtrack overtook Adele’s “Easy On Me” for the #1 spot.

Big moves:
  • The Encanto soundtrack generally becomes more popular through word of mouth. “The Family Madrigal” jumped from #43 to #20, “Waiting On A Miracle” from #65 to #48, and “All Of You” from #94 to #82. “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” “Surface Pressure,” and “What Else Can I Do?” continue to perform well, at #1, #9, and #27 respectively.
  • “You Should Probably Leave” by Chris Stapleton jumped from #33 to #28.
  • “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat featuring SZA dropped from #29 to #35.
  • “Dos Orguitas” by Sebastian Yatra jumped from #44 to #36.
  • “Sacrifice” by The Weeknd dropped from #23 to #37, while “Take My Breath” fell from #66 to #85.
  • “Cold December” by Rod Wave jumped from #58 to #38.
  • “Light Switch” by Charlie Puth debuted at #42. This is a TikTok hit, kind of. Charlie Puth apparently made TikToks of him producing the song, idea by idea. I've long thought that marketing your music through TikTok gives you the ability to emphasize cool details of your song. See, for example, how TikTok memes took advantage of the bell ringing sound in SZA's verse on "Kiss Me More." Charlie Puth does that in a very literal way in these videos, when he plays and appreciates the track without the drums, then puts them back on and starts bopping.
  • “Woman” by Doja Cat jumped from #52 to #46.
  • “Happier than Ever” by Billie Eilish dropped from #37 to #47.
  • “One Mississippi” by Kane Brown dropped from #40 to #49.
  • Tracks from Gunna’s January 7th album-bomb continue to float down the charts. “P Power” by Gunna featuring Drake dropped from #24 to #52, “Too Easy” by Gunna and Future from #45 to #65, “Thought I Was Playing” by Gunna and 21 Savage from #62 to #88, and "25k Jacket" by Gunna featuring Lil Baby from #67 to #92. However, "Pushing P" by Gunna and Future featuring Young Thug remains at the #7 spot where it was last week on the strength of its streaming performance. Interestingly, HipHop DX reports that Gunna couldn’t get the Donna Summer sample on "P Power" cleared in time for the physical release, so you'll only find it on the digital release or maybe a deluxe edition down the line.
  • “AA” by Walker Hayes jumped forty-three spots from #98 to #55 in the week leading up to his very loud halftime performance at the Bengals-Chiefs playoff game.
  • “Message In A Bottle (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift jumped from #73 to #57.
  • YoungBoy Never Broke Again released Colors on January 21, album bombing “No Switch” at #58, “Bring It On” at #60, “Know Like I Know” at #74, “2Hoo” at #86, “Long Live” at #87, “Dis & That” at #89, and “Smoke One” at #97. “Fish Scale” rose from #82 to #68, and “Bring The Hook” continues to perform moderately well, currently at #64. Separately, “Flossin’” by Internet Money featuring YoungBoy Never Broke Again debuted at #72. Youngboy’s album was supposed to come out a week earlier, but was postponed, possibly to avoid coinciding with NLE Choppa’s release. That could explain the awkward timing.
  • “Whiskey And Rain” by Michael Ray dropped from #51 to #62.
  • “Eazy” by The Game and Kanye West dropped from #49 to #70.
  • “Proud” by Key Glock, off of Paper Route Empire’s tribute album Long Live Young Dolph, debuts at #73.
  • “I Love You So” by The Walters re-entered the chart at #81 after going viral on TikTok. This band put out a few singles in the early 2010s and broke up in 2017. The story goes that they were thinking about getting back together, and then, like a sign from the universe, late in 2021 their song from 2014 randomly went viral on TikTok. The Walters are back together and signed to Warner Music, and they've put out an official music video for their now-hit.
  • “Me Or Sum” by Nardo Wick, Lil Baby, and Future re-entered the chart at #90.
  • “Beautiful Lies” by Yung Bleu and Kehlani entered the chart at #91. No relation to BleuPanda as far as I am aware.
Brad
Higher Ground

Re: The Hot 100 Thread No One Asked For (2022)

Post by Brad »

Good stuff, PT. I can't say I know much of this (maybe up to 4 songs), but it's good to keep tabs on this stuff once in a while. Takes me back to the days of Casey Kasem and the likes of "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" and "Life Is A Rock", but alas that was ages ago.

Keep up the good work!
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

The Weeknd's "Sacrifice" is pretty good for me.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

I figured Happier than Ever would be higher as when I was in an area playing a top 40 station last week, I heard it three times in a span of five hours.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Henry wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:19 am The Weeknd's "Sacrifice" is pretty good for me.
It is a bop. Although whenever I try to play it in my head, I hear "Wrong Turn" by Kim Petras instead. I am sad to see Dawn FM's initial singles declining in the charts. I guess any album's performance would look pretty lackluster in comparison to After Hours. "Blinding Lights" was in the top 10 for, like, a whole year? That's bananas. Hell, "Save Your Tears" is at #19 right now. Maybe Dawn FM will get him a Grammy nom at least. :?
Jackson wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:15 am I figured Happier than Ever would be higher as when I was in an area playing a top 40 station last week, I heard it three times in a span of five hours.
I remember when "Imma Be" was #1 and it would play on my local 103.5 Kiss FM reliably on the hour. I found it mildly irritating at the time. I still do, and it commands my respect because of that, among other reasons. But anyway, three times in five hours is pretty serious for a song that's only at #37 and falling. I guess part of it is that the Hot 100 takes into account radio play on lots of different types of stations. I bet your local top 40 station aims for a younger audience with a "pop" sensibility whatever that means. How many times did they play "Super Gremlin" or "Buy Dirt?" Or, maybe your radio DJ just really likes "Happier Than Ever." I get it.

Did they play the edited version that's just the last half? Or the whole thing? I'm curious.
Brad wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:26 pm Good stuff, PT. I can't say I know much of this (maybe up to 4 songs), but it's good to keep tabs on this stuff once in a while. Takes me back to the days of Casey Kasem and the likes of "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" and "Life Is A Rock", but alas that was ages ago.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks Brad!
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

As I'm not an American this Hot 100 means slightly less to me, but I'm amused with the Encanto soundtrack doing so well. I have to agree, it's the best music coming from Disney in ages. I have to ask though, do radio stations in the US really play Disney songs regularly? Around these parts it was a rarity to hear Let It Go on the airwaves even at it's peak popularity.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Rob wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:07 am As I'm not an American this Hot 100 means slightly less to me, but I'm amused with the Encanto soundtrack doing so well. I have to agree, it's the best music coming from Disney in ages. I have to ask though, do radio stations in the US really play Disney songs regularly? Around these parts it was a rarity to hear Let It Go on the airwaves even at it's peak popularity.
The Hot 100 incorporates data from streaming, sales, and airplay. Billboard publishes other charts such as "Radio Songs," "Streaming Songs," and "Billboard 200" (an album sales chart) that give you data specific to each of those metrics. Unfortunately all but the top spot of those charts are behind a paywall, but we can still see that "We Don't Talk About Bruno" is on top of the streaming chart, and the Encanto soundtrack has the number one spot on the album sales chart as well. So we can conclude that Encanto's strength on the Hot 100 comes mostly from streaming and sales rather than airplay.

Even though "Radio Songs" is paywalled, we can get a bit of insight into songs' airplay performance from independent estimates. This Dutch guy creates estimates of each week's chart and describes his methodology. Encanto doesn't appear to be getting any significant airplay in the United States.

The Billboard Hot 100 only started accounting for streaming figures in early 2013. That development, plus the overall popularization of on-demand music streaming, caused the chart to act differently. It enabled the "album bomb," where a hotly anticipated album drops, and like every song on the album charts due to how many people are streaming it at once. Usually, everyone listens to the album, decides what songs they like and what they don't, and the songs all start to decay on the chart from there. But the songs from the Encanto soundtrack are all rising. People are still bumping the whole album and recommending it to their friends, if my Facebook feed is any indication. So I'm curious to see how long it performs like this on the Hot 100.

Correction: The Billboard 200 tallies streams as well, not just sales.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

The Billboard Hot 100 chart dated February 12th was released today. This chart tracks United States airplay, sales, and streaming beginning on Friday, January 28th, 2022 and ending on Thursday, February 3rd, 2022.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2022-02-12/

I've bolded artist names so you can skim the highlights for things you might be interested in. I've also singled out some songs as worth a listen.

Big moves and highlights:
  • “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals, the song that might owe its success to minecraft youtuber slash fic, is at #3 on its 55th week on the chart.
  • “Stay” by The Kid LAROI (Juice WRLD’s protege) and Justin Bieber is enjoying its 30th week on the chart, sitting comfortably at #4 after spending 7 non-consecutive weeks at #1 last summer.
  • “abcdefu” by GAYLE rises to #6, its peak position so far.
  • Justin Bieber’s “Ghost” is at its peak thus far at #12.
  • Some all-timers are still kicking: “Levitating” by Dua Lipa remains at #17 from last week. In its 65 weeks on the chart, its peak position was #2. It was the overall best-performing song of 2021, taking the top spot of the year-end Hot 100.
  • Likewise, ”Save Your Tears” by The Weeknd, the second-best performing song in 2021, remains at #19 from last week. It spent two weeks at #1 last year, and has been on the chart for 57 weeks.
  • ”I Hate U” by SZA rises five spots from #31 to #26. The song peaked its debut week at #7.
  • ”Knife Talk” by Drake featuring 21 Savage and Project Pat rises five spots from #32 to #27. The song debuted at #5 back in September and peaked its second week on the chart at #4.
  • ”Big Energy” by Latto rises five spots from #39 to #34, its highest position so far after 15 weeks on the chart.
  • ”Woman” by Doja Cat rises nine spots from #46 to #37, its highest position so far. Fantastic song.
  • ”Freedom Was A Highway” by Jimmie Allen and Brad Paisley rises modestly from #53 to #46, not enough for me to put it on the list otherwise, but I do want to highlight it because I adore this kind of big-sounding arena country and I think this song deserves a little love.
  • Novelty song ”Light Switch” by Charlie Puth bonks to #49 from #42.
  • ”Rumors” by Gucci Mane featuring Lil Durk debuts at #51 after its January 25th release.
  • ”High” by The Chainsmokers debuts at #57 after its January 28th release. “High” won out against Charli and Rina, Anitta, Ella Mai, XXXTentacion, and Sebastian Yatra in Billboard’s “favorite new music release” poll for the week. https://www.billboard.com/music/music-n ... 235025039/ (“Beg For You” is worth a listen by the way, if you haven’t gotten to it yet.)
  • After spending its first two weeks at #38, ”Cold December” by Rod Wave falls precipitously to #62 in its third week on the chart.
  • ”Pressure” by Ari Lennox rises eleven spots from #78 to #67.
  • ”I Love You So” by The Walters rises from #81 to #71.
  • ”Johnny P’s Caddy” by Benny The Butcher and J. Cole debuts at #72 after its January 28th release. This is Benny the Butcher’s first charting track on the Hot 100. If you don’t know Benny, you might know his cousin and collaborator Westside Gunn, whose album Pray for Paris made a few end-of-year lists in 2020.
  • I’m not that big a fan of “Message In A Bottle (Taylor’s Version),” but I’m very glad to see that “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift is still around in the chart, at #75 this week. It helps that Billboard decided to consider the five minute and ten minute version fundamentally the same song, otherwise it probably wouldn’t have made #1 on the chart dated November 27th.
  • ”Too Easy” by Gunna and Future falls from #65 to #76. That, "P Power," and "Pushin P" are the only Gunna songs left on the chart this week.
  • ”Me Or Sum” by Nardo Wick, Lil Baby and Future rises from #90 to #78. I still don’t know who this guy is. I should probably look into that.
  • A remix of ”Peru” by Nigerian singer Fireboy DML, with an assist from Ed Sheeran, enters the chart this week at #79. The remix was released on Christmas Eve last year and has been popular in the UK for a while from what I hear. Worth a listen!
  • ”Beautiful Lies” by Yung Bleu and Kehlani rises from #91 to #80. I have not investigated these people either. Maybe next week.
  • ”Get Into It (Yuh),” an excellent song by Doja Cat, re-enters the chart this week at #81 for some reason. Probably TikTok.
  • ”If I Was A Cowboy” by Miranda Lambert enters the chart at #82. The song was released in mid-October.
  • ”No Switch” by YoungBoy Never Broke Again falls 25 spots from from #58 to #83 during its second week on the chart. “Fish Scale” falls from #68 to #99. The other eight Youngboy tracks from last week’s chart are gone.
  • ”Come Back As A Country Boy” by Blake Shelton rises from #96 to #85.
  • ”Shotta Flow 6” by NLE Choppa, off of his album from a couple weeks ago Me vs. Me, decides to enter the chart now at #86.
  • ”Iffy” by Chris Brown rises from #100 to #87. Yay!
  • ”Vice City” by XXXTentacion debuts at #89. This is NOT a soulless cash grab cobbled together from scraps of unused material that bastardizes the dead musician’s sound and artistry. Actually, this is a song that X recorded and uploaded to Soundcloud in 2013 at age 15. It was included on his debut mixtape XXX (Unmastered), which never had a formal release outside of Soundcloud. X’s estate managed to clear the Laura Mvula samples and officially released it on the Bad Vibes Forever imprint of Columbia Records on January 27th.
  • ”Numb Little Bug” by Em Beihold debuts at #91 after being teased on TikTok. It was released in full on January 28th.
  • ”Infinity” by Jaymes Young, a song from 2017, enters the chart at #94 after going viral on TikTok.
  • A few other new entries in the 90s. “The Motto” by Tiesto and Ava Max enters at #95. “Megan’s Piano” by Megan Thee Stallion climbs to #97. “Colombia, Mi Encanto” from the Encanto soundtrack manages to enter the chart at #100.
  • ”Eazy” by The Game and Kanye West falls 28 spots from #70 to #98.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

The Hot 100 chart dated Saturday, February 19th was released today, tracking US sales, streaming, and airplay between Friday, February 4th and Thursday, February 10th.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2022-02-19/

Nicki Minaj and Lil Baby made a big splash this week, with their new song "Do We Have A Problem?" debuting at #2. This pushed most of the top 20 down a spot, but "Levitating" stayed at #17. Hell yeah.

With the power of Python programming, I can now report on songs that were on last week's chart but not this one:
  • Jason Aldean & Carrie Underwood - "If I Didn't Love You" fell off after 25 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #15 and its position last week was #41.
  • Benny The Butcher & J. Cole - "Johnny P's Caddy" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #72. Benny has an album, Tana Talk 4, coming out March 11th.
  • YoungBoy Never Broke Again - "No Switch" fell off after 2 weeks on the chart. Its position last week was #58, its all-time peak.
  • The Weeknd - "Take My Breath" fell off after 20 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #6 and its position last week was #85.
  • NLE Choppa - "Shotta Flow 6" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #86.
  • XXXTENTACION - "Vice City" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #89.
  • Jaymes Young - "Infinity" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #94.
  • Summer Walker & SZA - "No Love" fell off after 12 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #13 and its position last week was #95.
  • The Game & Kanye West - "Eazy" fell off after 3 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #49 and its position last week was #70.
  • YoungBoy Never Broke Again - "Fish Scale" fell off after 3 weeks on the chart. Its position last week was #68, its all-time peak.
  • Carlos Vives - "Colombia, Mi Encanto" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #100.
New entries:
  • Nicki Minaj X Lil Baby - "Do We Have A Problem?" debuted at #2.
  • King Von's posthumous release with 21 Savage, "Don't Play That," debuted at #40.
  • An unreleased Juice WRLD track, "Cigarettes," was given its first official release on February 2nd and entered the chart at #43.
  • Tate McRae - "She's All I Wanna Be" debuted at #52.
  • YG Featuring J. Cole & Moneybagg Yo - "Scared Money" debuted at #73.
  • Machine Gun Kelly & WILLOW - "Emo Girl" debuted at #77. I really liked Willow Smith's TikTok hit "Meet Me At Our Spot." But this is more of an MGK-style pop-punk thing. It's all right. Willow does do a really great job and I look forward to hearing more from her in the future. She could rerelease "Whip My Hair" and I'd still have a bit of goodwill left over. Anyway, MGK has an album, Mainstream Sellout, coming out on March 25th.
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers released a song? "Black Summer" debuted at #78. My coworker liked it!
  • "Doja" by $NOT & A$AP Rocky off of the former's new album Ethereal debuted at #87. Most of the song is $NOT brutishly screaming "Fuck that! Fuck you!" over and over again. It's very good.
  • Queen Naija & Big Sean - "Hate Our Love" debuted at #88.
  • Alesso / Katy Perry - "When I'm Gone", released on December 29, 2021, entered the chart for the first time at #97.
This song re-entered the chart:
  • Swedish House Mafia & The Weeknd - "Moth To A Flame" re-entered the chart this week at #100. It has spent 8 weeks on the chart. Its peak position so far is #27.
Other big moves:
  • "Smokin Out The Window" by Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) fell 6 spots from #16 to #22. It has spent 14 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • "Big Energy" by Latto continues to rise. This week it's up 6 spots from #34 to #28, its peak so far. It has spent 16 weeks on the chart. I like this song. It is fun.
  • "Woman" by Doja Cat rose 8 spots from #37 to #29, its all-time peak. It has spent 28 weeks on the chart.
  • "Enemy" by Imagine Dragons X JID rose 12 spots from #43 to #31, its all-time peak. Sigh.
  • "Better Days" by NEIKED X Mae Muller X Polo G fell 7 spots from #25 to #32. It has spent 17 weeks on the chart, peaking at #23.
  • "Buy Dirt" by Jordan Davis Featuring Luke Bryan fell 11 spots from #24 to #35. It has spent 27 weeks on the chart, peaking at #22.
  • "Fancy Like" by Walker Hayes fell 7 spots from #29 to #36. It has spent 34 weeks on the chart, peaking at #3.
  • "Essence" by Wizkid Featuring Justin Bieber & Tems fell 9 spots from #33 to #42. It has spent 31 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9.
  • "Kiss Me More" by Doja Cat Featuring SZA fell 9 spots from #35 to #44. It has spent 43 weeks on the chart, peaking at #3.
  • "Sacrifice" by The Weeknd fell 6 spots from #40 to #46. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart, peaking at #11.
  • "Thinking 'Bout You" by Dustin Lynch Featuring Lauren Alaina Or MacKenzie Porter fell 6 spots from #44 to #50 in anticipation of Lynch's February 11th album, Blue In The Sky. I don't like to spread negativity, but that album is the most charmless thing I've heard this year. I really fucking hate it. This song is pretty good though.
  • "Rumors" by Gucci Mane Featuring Lil Durk fell 12 spots from from its debut peak of #51 to #63.
  • "Whiskey And Rain" by Michael Ray fell 10 spots from #64 to #74. It has spent 19 weeks on the chart, peaking at #37.
  • "Cold December" by Rod Wave fell 14 spots from #62 to #76. It has spent 4 weeks on the chart, peaking at #38.
  • "High" by The Chainsmokers fell 25 spots from its debut peak of #57 to #82. Ugh. Good riddance.
  • "Too Easy" by Gunna & Future fell 16 spots from #76 to #92. It has spent 15 weeks on the chart, peaking at #16.
The Hot 100 is always a mixed bag. Have you got your eyes on any of these artists?
Father2TheMan
Different Class

Post by Father2TheMan »

Rob wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:07 am As I'm not an American this Hot 100 means slightly less to me, but I'm amused with the Encanto soundtrack doing so well. I have to agree, it's the best music coming from Disney in ages. I have to ask though, do radio stations in the US really play Disney songs regularly? Around these parts it was a rarity to hear Let It Go on the airwaves even at it's peak popularity.
Though not a Disney song, there is recent precedent for animated cartoon soundtrack songs getting radio airplay. Apparently "Happy" by Pharrell (via DESPICABLE ME) started getting used in fitness classes (spin, cycling, Zumba) and a handful of major market Top 40 stations noticed and gave it a shot and it took off from there. I would imagine if ENCANTO has some streaming staying power then the same thing might occur.
"The laughs come hard in Old Lang Syne....."
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Father2TheMan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:38 am
Though not a Disney song, there is recent precedent for animated cartoon soundtrack songs getting radio airplay. Apparently "Happy" by Pharrell (via DESPICABLE ME) started getting used in fitness classes (spin, cycling, Zumba) and a handful of major market Top 40 stations noticed and gave it a shot and it took off from there. I would imagine if ENCANTO has some streaming staying power then the same thing might occur.
Happy is a very different case. It is used more as a background song and doesn't really tell it's narrative through lyrics. It's just about being happy. We Don't Talk About Bruno is far more specific: it's about a crazy uncle with clairvoyant powers, prophesizing doom. Than again, commercials have ignored lyrics before. Not sure if Disney allows songs for commercials easily, but I think there is a reason that more easily used songs like Let It Go and When You Wish Upon a Star by my knowing have not flooded the commercials. I did hear Let It Go on the radio a few times though, but certainly not the amount it's popular status would warrant. Happy on the other hand... It was on three radio commercials at the same time... It's not a bad song, but for a while I was forced to hate it.
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

"Let It Go" was on the radio a lot. I don't think I knew for a while that it was even from a movie. I hear the radio a lot, whether or not I even want to, and I never hear Encanto songs. I never heard BTS' "Butter," even though it was the longest-running U.S. #1 of last year. I think of it as radio's loss. The radio playlist I hear every day is basically: Adele's "Easy on Me"; The Weeknd's "Blinding Lights"; a third song; then back to "Easy on Me." Why not put on Encanto or BTS and see how it gets over? It's like a song can become a hit these days without going through the usual channels and it displeases radio programmers...
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

I was traveling for the last five days or so, which is why this post is late.

The Hot 100 chart dated Saturday, February 26, 2022 was published on the web on Tuesday, February 22 and summarizes US radio impressions, sales numbers, and streaming counts between Friday, February 11 and Thursday, February 17.

After making a big splash at #2, Nicki Minaj’s Lil Baby collab, “Do We Have A Problem?,” fell 30 spots to #32. In June 2020, her collab with someone whose name is not worth mentioning, “TROLLZ,” fell from its #1 debut to #34, then #54, then #83, before dropping off the chart. I could see this following a similar trajectory… This song does not give me what I want from Nicki or from Lil Baby.

The duo followed this up with “Bussin’” this week, which debuted at #20. I like “Bussin’” a lot better. I really like the trade-offs between Nicki and Lil Baby, and I adore the Peas-esque chorus. I realize that comparison probably won’t endear this song to any of you, but I’m not gonna bullshit you — anything that sounds like the Black Eyed Peas gets a thumbs-up from me.

Karol G and Becky G’s “MAMIII” had a pretty huge debut week, entering the Hot 100 at #15. I didn’t really know who either of these people were, so I’ll write what I learned here: Karol G is an established voice in reggaeton who you may remember from “Tusa” featuring Nicki Minaj. She was on The X Factor Colombia at age 14 in 2005, but her career really started taking off in reggaeton in the late 2010s, partly with a boost from Bad Bunny. Becky G (no relation) has been racking up Latin hits as a teenager for several years. She sought entertainment jobs to support her financially beleaguered family when she was like eleven. She had a top 20 hit, “Shower,” in 2014, but started really popping off in Latin music in 2016, around the same time as Karol, also possibly with the help of Bad Bunny. And now they are together on a song that is #1 on the US Latin chart, and #3 in Spain apparently! Good for them.

In other news, “Heat Waves” is at #2 now, and “abcdefu” is at #4. “Pushin P” is still going strong at #10. Dua is still kicking in the top 20, with “Cold Heart (PNAU Remix) at #12 and “Levitating” somehow at #16. “Industry Baby” and “Save Your Tears” are still in the top 20. “Levitating” and “Save Your Tears" have been around long enough that if either drops below #25 it will attain recurrent status and leave the chart.

There were three notable top 40 re-entries following the Super Bowl Halftime show:
  • After spending five non-consecutive weeks near the bottom of the Hot 100 in 1999, “Still D.R.E." by Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg re-entered the chart at #23, its all-time peak.
  • Meanwhile, “The Next Episode" re-entered the chart at #37. “The Next Episode” peaked at #23 on July 29, 2000. This is its 21st week on the chart.
  • Eminem - "Lose Yourself" re-entered the chart this week at #40, its 24th week on the chart. “Lose Yourself” peaked on November 9, 2002 at #1, where it spent twelve consecutive weeks.
Digression: I’m a little bummed albeit unsurprised that they started and ended the show with meme rap. But hey, it was better than Maroon 5.

New entries and debuts:
  • Becky G X Karol G - "MAMIII" debuted at #15.
  • Nicki Minaj X Lil Baby - "Bussin" debuted at #20.
  • Ed Sheeran’s remix of "The Joker And The Queen" featuring Taylor Swift debuted at #21.
  • Future is on some sadboy shit this Valentine’s Day in “Worst Day,” which debuted at #34.
  • Fivio Foreign, Kanye West & Alicia Keys - "City Of Gods" debuted #46. Fivio’s posturing to be the new Pop. We’ll see.
  • Dove Cameron - "Boyfriend" debuted at #73. Dove Cameron is a Disney Channel person. “Boyfriend” is presumed to be the lead single from her upcoming untitled debut EP. She hyped it up a bit on TikTok, asking her followers if she should release it.
  • Mary J. Blige - "Good Morning Gorgeous" debuted at #83. She and Snoop had releases coinciding with their appearance at the Super Bowl Halftime show. I haven’t got around to listening to Snoop’s album, but Good Morning Gorgeous was pretty good. Happy for her!
  • Saweetie Featuring H.E.R. - "Closer" debuted at #89. Are you gay? Do you like disco? Do you want to hear more music like Doja Cat, but slightly worse? (and without Dr. Luke’s involvement?) If any of the above describes you, listen to this song!
  • Your favorite Korean pretty boy Jung Kook’s solo effort "Stay Alive" debuted at #95. It’s doing even better on the “Hot Trending Songs Powered by Twitter” chart, where it is at #2 this week. And what would be at #1 other than “Butter?” Plus, two other BTS solo careers have songs in the top 10. Who woulda thunk.
Left the chart due to recurrent status:
(As of 2015, recurrent status is achieved by spending 20 weeks on the Hot 100 and falling below #50, or by ranking below #25 after 52 weeks. These rules are adjusted periodically to make the chart more reflective of contemporary trends.)
  • Doja Cat Featuring SZA - "Kiss Me More" achieved recurrent status by falling below #50 after 43 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #3 and its position last week was #35.
  • Dustin Lynch Featuring Lauren Alaina Or MacKenzie Porter - "Thinking 'Bout You" achieved recurrent status by falling below #50 after 26 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #30 and its position last week was #44.
One-timers:
  • YG Featuring J. Cole & Moneybagg Yo - "Scared Money" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #73.
  • Machine Gun Kelly & WILLOW - "Emo Girl" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #77.
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Black Summer" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #78.
  • $NOT & A$AP Rocky - "Doja" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #87.
  • Queen Naija & Big Sean - "Hate Our Love" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #88.
  • Alesso / Katy Perry - "When I'm Gone" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #97.
Other departures:
  • Taylor Swift - "Message In A Bottle (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)" fell off after 13 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #45 and its position last week was #61.
  • Drake Featuring Travis Scott - "Fair Trade" fell off after 17 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #3 and its position last week was #90.
  • Megan Thee Stallion - "Megan's Piano" fell off after 2 weeks on the chart. It spent both weeks at #97.
  • After re-entering the chart for one week at #100, Swedish House Mafia & The Weeknd - "Moth To A Flame" fell off the chart after a non-consecutive 8 weeks, having peaked at #27.
Big moves:
  • "Oh My God" by Adele fell 6 spots from #23 to #29. It has spent 13 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • "Good 4 U" by Olivia Rodrigo fell 5 spots from #25 to #30. It has spent 40 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.
  • "Do We Have A Problem?" by Nicki Minaj X Lil Baby fell 30 spots from its debut peak at #2 to #32.
  • "'Til You Can't" by Cody Johnson rose 14 spots from #47 to #33, its peak so far. It has spent 19 weeks on the chart.
  • "Smokin Out The Window" by Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) fell 13 spots from #22 to #35. It has spent 15 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • "Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)" by CKay fell 10 spots from its peak at #26 to #36. It has spent 22 weeks on the chart.
  • "Fancy Like" by Walker Hayes fell 5 spots from #36 to #41. It has spent 35 weeks on the chart, peaking at #3. It will probably attain recurrent status in the coming weeks.
  • "What Else Can I Do?" by Diane Guerrero & Stephanie Beatriz fell 9 spots from #33 to #42. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #27.
  • "You Should Probably Leave" by Chris Stapleton fell 14 spots from #30 to #44. It has spent 33 weeks on the chart, peaking at #28. It is looking it might attain recurrent status next week.
  • "You Right" by Doja Cat & The Weeknd fell 8 spots from #37 to #45. It has spent 33 weeks on the chart, peaking at #11.
  • "Essence" by Wizkid Featuring Justin Bieber & Tems fell 5 spots from #42 to #47. It has spent 32 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9. It will probably attain recurrent status in a week or two.
  • "Fingers Crossed" by Lauren Spencer-Smith fell 15 spots from #34 to #49. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #19.
  • "Dos Oruguitas" by Sebastian Yatra fell 9 spots from #41 to #50. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #36.
  • "Better Days" by NEIKED X Mae Muller X Polo G fell 20 spots from #32 to #52. It has spent 18 weeks on the chart, peaking at #23. It’s looking like it will attain recurrent status in three weeks.
  • "Freedom Was A Highway" by Jimmie Allen & Brad Paisley fell 21 spots from its peak at #45 to #66. It has spent 19 weeks on the chart. Barring a resurgence of popularity, it is expected to attain recurrent status in two weeks.
  • "She's All I Wanna Be" by Tate McRae fell 15 spots from its debut peak at #52 to #67.
  • "Don't Play That" by King Von & 21 Savage fell 28 spots from its debut peak at #40 to #68.
  • "Cigarettes" by Juice WRLD fell 27 spots from its debut peak at #43 to #70.
  • "For Tonight" by Giveon fell 10 spots from #65 to #75. It has spent 20 weeks on the chart, peaking at #61. It will probably attain recurrent status next week.
  • "Never Say Never" by Cole Swindell / Lainey Wilson fell 12 spots from its peak at #67 to #79. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart.
  • "Do It To It" by Acraze Featuring Cherish fell 10 spots from #70 to #80. It has spent 9 weeks on the chart, peaking at #65.
  • "Scorpio" by Moneybagg Yo fell 14 spots from #72 to #86. It has spent 13 weeks on the chart, peaking at #66.
  • "Whiskey And Rain" by Michael Ray fell 14 spots from #74 to #88. It has spent 20 weeks on the chart, peaking at #37. It will likely attain recurrent status next week, or fall below #100 altogether.
  • "Cold December" by Rod Wave fell 14 spots from #76 to #90. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart, peaking at #38.
  • "All Too Well (Taylor's Version)" by Taylor Swift fell 12 spots from #84 to #96. It has spent 14 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Abcdefu is my early contender for worst mainstream pop song of the year.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Jackson wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:33 am Abcdefu is my early contender for worst mainstream pop song of the year.
Well good news, it's at #3 this week!

The Hot 100 chart dated Saturday, March 5, 2022 was released yesterday. It tracks US airplay, sales, and streaming from Friday, February 18 to Thursday, February 24.

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" is on its fifth week at #1. The top 20 has looked mostly the same for the last couple months. "abcdefu" continues to slowly climb. We may see it at #1 if Encanto and "Heat Waves" die down a bit. "abcdefu" makes me wish I was listening to "Picture to Burn." It just doesn't feel that cathartic to me.

Dropped off of chart:
  • Dr. Dre Featuring Snoop Dogg - "The Next Episode" fell off after 21 non-consecutive weeks on the chart. It peaked at #23 and its position last week was #37. Likewise, Eminem - "Lose Yourself" fell off after 24 non-consecutive weeks on the chart. It peaked at #1 and its position last week was #40. ("Still D.R.E." is still charting!)
  • Blxst & Tyga Featuring Ty Dolla $ign - "Chosen" fell off after 21 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #51 and its position last week was #60.
  • Giveon - "For Tonight" fell off after 20 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #61 and its position last week was #75.
  • Michael Ray - "Whiskey And Rain" fell off after 20 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #37 and its position last week was #88.
  • Jung Kook - "Stay Alive" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #95.
  • Gunna & Future - "Too Easy" fell off after 16 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #16 and its position last week was #100.
New entries:
  • Jack Harlow - "Nail Tech" debuted in the top 20 at #18. Good song!
  • Lil Durk - "Ahhh Ha" debuted at #42.
  • Gunna - "Banking On Me" debuted at #61, kind of. It was released on DS4EVER's deluxe edition at first, but was later taken down and released as a single on Valentine's Day.
  • Yeat - "Poppin" debuted at #91.
  • Jessie Murph - "Pray" debuted at #95.
  • HARDY - "Give Heaven Some Hell" off of the album A Rock released back in September entered the chart for the first time at #100.
Re-entries:
  • Alesso / Katy Perry - "When I'm Gone" re-entered the chart for a second week this week at #90, its all-time peak.
Big moves:
  • Ed Sheeran - "Bad Habits" rose 5 spots from #14 to #9. It has spent 35 weeks on the chart, peaking at #2.
  • Imagine Dragons X JID - "Enemy" rose 7 spots from #27 to #20, its all-time peak. It has spent 14 weeks on the chart.
  • Cody Johnson - "'Til You Can't" rose 8 spots from #33 to #25, its all-time peak. It has spent 20 weeks on the chart.
  • Charlie Puth - "Light Switch" rose 19 spots from #48 to #29, its all-time peak. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart. That's a pretty huge increase. Guess it's a grower. It is charting pretty high on the radio according to Billboard.
  • Morgan Wallen - "Sand In My Boots" rose 8 spots from #38 to #30, its all-time peak. It has spent 32 weeks on the chart.
  • Jordan Davis Featuring Luke Bryan - "Buy Dirt" rose 8 spots from #39 to #31. It has spent 29 weeks on the chart, peaking at #22.
  • Doja Cat & The Weeknd - "You Right" rose 12 spots from #45 to #33. It has spent 34 weeks on the chart, peaking at #11.
  • Walker Hayes - "Fancy Like" rose 6 spots from #41 to #35. It has spent 36 weeks on the chart, peaking at #3.
  • Kane Brown - "One Mississippi" rose 18 spots from #54 to #36, its all-time peak. It has spent 22 weeks on the chart.
  • THE ANXIETY: WILLOW & Tyler Cole - "Meet Me At Our Spot" rose 6 spots from #43 to #37. It has spent 24 weeks on the chart, peaking at #21. Yay!
  • Lauren Spencer-Smith - "Fingers Crossed" rose 10 spots from #49 to #39. It has spent 8 weeks on the chart, peaking at #19.
  • Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) - "Smokin Out The Window" fell 5 spots from #35 to #40. It has spent 16 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • Wizkid Featuring Justin Bieber & Tems - "Essence" rose 6 spots from #47 to #41. It has spent 33 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9.
  • Dr. Dre Featuring Snoop Dogg - "Still D.R.E." fell 20 spots from #23 to #43. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #23. Happy to see it's still around.
  • Nicki Minaj X Lil Baby - "Do We Have A Problem?" fell 12 spots from #32 to #44. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #2.
  • Adele - "Oh My God" fell 16 spots from #29 to #45. It has spent 14 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • The Weeknd - "Sacrifice" rose 5 spots from #53 to #48. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #11.
  • Luke Combs - "Doin' This" rose 13 spots from #62 to #49, its all-time peak. It has spent 11 weeks on the chart.
  • Cole Swindell / Lainey Wilson - "Never Say Never" rose 24 spots from #79 to #55, its all-time peak. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart.
  • Ed Sheeran Featuring Taylor Swift - "The Joker And The Queen" fell 43 spots from #21 to #64. It has spent 2 weeks on the chart, peaking at #21. Yowch!
  • Em Beihold - "Numb Little Bug" rose 17 spots from #85 to #68, its all-time peak. It has spent 4 weeks on the chart.
  • Tragically, Nicki Minaj X Lil Baby - "Bussin" fell 52 spots from #20 to #72. It has spent 2 weeks on the chart, peaking at #20.
  • Future - "Worst Day" fell 39 spots from #34 to #73. It has spent 2 weeks on the chart, peaking at #34.
  • Gunna Featuring Drake - "P Power" fell 12 spots from #63 to #75. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart, peaking at #24.
  • Jimmie Allen & Brad Paisley - "Freedom Was A Highway" fell 18 spots from #66 to #84. It has spent 20 weeks on the chart, peaking at #45. :((((((((
  • King Von & 21 Savage - "Don't Play That" fell 18 spots from #68 to #86. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #40.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Even my dad loves "No se habla de Bruno"
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

The Hot 100 chart dated Saturday, March 12 was released today, summarizing sales, radio impressions, and streaming in the US through Friday, February 25 through Thursday, March 3.

Finally, on its 59th week on the chart, "Heat Waves" by Glass Animals takes the #1 spot, displacing "We Don't Talk About Bruno." "Super Gremlin" by Kodak Black moves from #5 to #4 following the release of his album, Back for Everything. "Enemy" by Imagine Dragons and JID reaches #13 after cracking #20 this week. "Big Energy" by Latto cracks the top 20 at a well-deserved #17. After debuting at #42, "Ahhh Ha" by Lil Durk moves up to #19. Might be due to awkward timing, as the song was released on February 22, part of the way into the chart week.

I can't fucking stand that "Enemy" song.

Dropped off of chart:
  • Nardo Wick Featuring G Herbo, Lil Durk & 21 Savage - "Who Want Smoke??" fell off after 20 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #17 and its position last week was #71.
  • Jimmie Allen & Brad Paisley - "Freedom Was A Highway" fell off after 20 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #45 and its position last week was #84.
  • Yeat - "Poppin" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #91.
  • Jessie Murph - "Pray" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #95.
  • Rod Wave - "Cold December" fell off after 6 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #38 and its position last week was #97.
  • Doja Cat - "Get Into It (Yuh)" fell off after 17 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #68 and its position last week was #98.
  • Taylor Swift - "All Too Well (Taylor's Version)" fell off after 15 weeks on the chart. It peaked at #1 and its position last week was #99.
  • HARDY - "Give Heaven Some Hell" fell off after 1 week on the chart at #100.
New entries:
  • Tyga X Doja Cat - "Freaky Deaky" debuted at #43.
  • Labrinth & Zendaya - "I'm Tired" debuted at #76.
  • YoungBoy Never Broke Again's lame response to Lil Durk, "I Hate YoungBoy," debuted at #79. It definitely makes "Ahhh Ha" seem a lot better by comparison.
  • Kodak Black enjoyed a minor album bomb, with "Usain Boo" and "I Wish" debuting at #81 and #90 respectively.
  • JNR CHOI & Sam Tompkins - "To The Moon!" entered the chart for the first time at #95. The song was released last November, but received a lot of attention on TikTok earlier this year. This is a UK drill track by Gambian-English rapper Jnr Choi that samples Sam Tompkins's cover of "Talking to the Moon" by Bruno Mars.
  • Lil Shordie Scott - "Rocking A Cardigan In Atlanta" entered the chart for the first time at #100. It is unbelievable to me that this charted. It's like... Playboi Carti but less insane, which I thought was the whole appeal? I think we have TikTok to thank for this one too.
Re-entries:
  • Thomas Rhett - "Slow Down Summer" re-entered the chart this week at #88. This is its second week on the chart. Its peak position so far is #81.
Big moves:
  • Imagine Dragons X JID - "Enemy" rose 7 spots from #20 to #13, its all-time peak. It has spent 15 weeks on the chart.
  • Jessica Darrow - "Surface Pressure" fell 5 spots from #13 to #18. It has spent 10 weeks on the chart, peaking at #8.
  • Lil Durk - "Ahhh Ha" rose 23 spots from #42 to #19, its all-time peak. It has spent 2 weeks on the chart.
  • Becky G X Karol G - "MAMIII" fell 7 spots from #17 to #24. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #15.
  • Jordan Davis Featuring Luke Bryan - "Buy Dirt" rose 5 spots from #31 to #26. It has spent 30 weeks on the chart, peaking at #22.
  • Luke Combs - "Doin' This" rose 12 spots from #49 to #37, its all-time peak. It has spent 12 weeks on the chart.
  • Jack Harlow - "Nail Tech" fell 23 spots from its debut peak of #18 to #41.
  • Dierks Bentley, Breland & HARDY - "Beers On Me" rose 10 spots from #52 to #42, its all-time peak. It has spent 10 weeks on the chart.
  • Diane Guerrero & Stephanie Beatriz - "What Else Can I Do?" fell 7 spots from #38 to #45. It has spent 9 weeks on the chart, peaking at #27.
  • Parker McCollum - "To Be Loved By You" rose 5 spots from #51 to #46, its all-time peak. It has spent 14 weeks on the chart.
  • Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak) - "Smokin Out The Window" fell 7 spots from #40 to #47. It has spent 17 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • Cole Swindell / Lainey Wilson - "Never Say Never" rose 7 spots from #55 to #48, its all-time peak. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart.
  • Em Beihold - "Numb Little Bug" rose 14 spots from #68 to #54, its all-time peak. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart.
  • Dove Cameron - "Boyfriend" rose 10 spots from #65 to #55, its all-time peak. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart.
  • NEIKED X Mae Muller X Polo G - "Better Days" fell 10 spots from #50 to #60. It has spent 20 weeks on the chart, peaking at #23.
  • Adele - "Oh My God" fell 17 spots from #45 to #62. It has spent 15 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • Dr. Dre Featuring Snoop Dogg - "Still D.R.E." fell 20 spots from #43 to #63. It has spent 8 weeks on the chart, peaking at #23.
  • Fivio Foreign, Kanye West & Alicia Keys - "City Of Gods" fell 16 spots from #54 to #70. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #46.
  • Stephanie Beatriz - "Waiting On A Miracle" fell 11 spots from #60 to #71. It has spent 9 weeks on the chart, peaking at #48.
  • Tiesto & Ava Max - "The Motto" rose 12 spots from #85 to #73, its all-time peak. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart.
  • Gunna - "Banking On Me" fell 13 spots from its debut peak at #61 to #74.
  • Ed Sheeran Featuring Taylor Swift - "The Joker And The Queen" fell 11 spots from #64 to #75. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #21.
  • Future - "Worst Day" fell 11 spots from #73 to #84. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #34.
  • Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz, John Leguizamo, Adassa, Maluma & Encanto Cast - "All Of You" fell 12 spots from #77 to #89. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #71.
  • Nicki Minaj X Lil Baby - "Bussin" fell 22 spots from #72 to #94. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #20.
  • King Von & 21 Savage - "Don't Play That" fell 11 spots from #86 to #97. It has spent 4 weeks on the chart, peaking at #40.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

"Levitating" becoming the longest running Hot 100 hit for a woman is justice for such an incredible song!
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Whoaaaaaa!

Just checked in with the Hot 100 to see how my girl Taylor is charting. However, that chart (the chart dated Saturday, November 5, which will track sales, airplay, and streaming for the period between Friday, October 21 and Thursday, October 27) will not be released until tomorrow.

But holy shit, "Unholy" by Sam Smith and Kim Petras is #1 right now! Our two biggest trans pop stars in the game! This is great news for Kim Petras's career, probably!

For context:

Sam Smith did vocals on "Latch" by Disclosure and "La La La" by Naughty Boy, which were big in the UK. I remember them getting big in the US with their Bond theme, "Writing's on the Wall," but their song "Stay With Me," one of the 100 most successful songs of the 2010s in the US, apparently came first. Actually, I remember them most for this:

Anyway, since then, they came out as nonbinary and had two pretty big singles in the US in 2019, "Dancing with a Stranger" and "How Do You Sleep?".

Kim Petras is a German pop star who's been bubbling under for a minute. If you are part of a potluck group of queer twenty-somethings then you know who Kim Petras is. I became aware of her in late 2018/early 2019 when Spotify played me "Heart to Break," which I liked a lot for a while. But a lot of folks got into her for her sugar baby anthem, "I Don't Want It at All". For a few months I was bumping her Halloween album, Turn Off the Light, sometimes multiple times a day. That's worth a listen by the way. Her EP earlier this year, Slut Pop, is not for everybody, but it's fun in its own right.

One of my current favorite pieces of music writing, "Does Gay Fandom Help Pop Divas?" by Nick Malone, evaluates whether a devoted crowd of gay men will set trends in taste and lift pop divas to success, or whether "women and their art … are being defined by their relationship to gay men to the point that they might never be able to break out of it." Malone presents Kim Petras as a case for the latter.
By the release of 2019’s Turn Off the Light full-length, Petras had released three albums worth of material without ever charting a single and just barely expanding her market to being the most Shazammable song playing at Planet Fitness. Things seemed particularly doomed when her single “Malibu” was performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live with notable gay guy Billy Eichner as the stand-in host and had its music video premiere exclusively on – wait for it – Grindr.

“Pack your bags, girls and gays!” she posted on Twitter, “The once icy queen @kimpetras is about to heat things up with a sexy trip to Malibu. Wanna come with? Hop on Grindr TONIGHT for the exclusive premiere of the Malibu music video.” 200 gay retweets followed for a woman three years into her career and a recording contract with one of the most reliable hitmakers of the last two decades [Dr. Luke]. Suddenly, despite the exuberance of her music, her situation seemed grim.
So a #1 hit for Kim Petras is big, big news. I don't have much to say about the song itself, but Todd in the Shadows covers a lot of the bases in his review:

In other news, Lil Baby's album occupies 3 spots in the top 10 and 9 spots in the top 40. I might have to give that a listen.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Jesus Christ. That is one hell of an album bomb.
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

ProjectTermina wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:03 pm Jesus Christ. That is one hell of an album bomb.
In the UK, when Ed Sheeran's album ÷ came out, he had 9 tracks in the top 10, and 16 in the top 20. The Official Charts Company changed the rules shortly after this, so artists are limited to three tracks in the Top 100 at any given moment.

As a result, we have "Anti-Hero" at number 1, "Lavender Haze" at 3 and "Snow On The Beach at 4, but nothing else. In case you were wondering, the Number 2 is the previous week's Number 1, Sam Smith and Kim Petras (see above).
Presenter of 'The New Music Show' on www.welcomberadio.org.uk, Thursdays 6-8pm (UK time)
Listen later: https://www.mixcloud.com/chris-last/
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

TheLastEnemy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 pm
ProjectTermina wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:03 pm Jesus Christ. That is one hell of an album bomb.
In the UK, when Ed Sheeran's album ÷ came out, he had 9 tracks in the top 10, and 16 in the top 20. The Official Charts Company changed the rules shortly after this, so artists are limited to three tracks in the Top 100 at any given moment.

As a result, we have "Anti-Hero" at number 1, "Lavender Haze" at 3 and "Snow On The Beach at 4, but nothing else. In case you were wondering, the Number 2 is the previous week's Number 1, Sam Smith and Kim Petras (see above).
Interesting choice by the Official Charts Company. A chart that limits album bombs to only the top three might be more useful as a gauge of songs' popularity. Ed Sheeran will forever have the honor of being the reason that rule exists, which is kinda funny to me. Maybe one day Taylor Swift will release a 100-song album and fill up the entire Hot 100. I can dream.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

I’ve been undertaking a project of listening to songs that have charted on the Hot 100. I’ve rated nearly 22% of all songs that have charted, but because I tend to be more familiar with big hits, on the average chart, I’ve heard about 30 songs. I’ve made some great discoveries through this project and also a few infamously awful ones too, but it’s been fun! So far, 1983 is the leader in terms of my favorite year.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Moonbeam wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:30 am I’ve been undertaking a project of listening to songs that have charted on the Hot 100. I’ve rated nearly 22% of all songs that have charted, but because I tend to be more familiar with big hits, on the average chart, I’ve heard about 30 songs. I’ve made some great discoveries through this project and also a few infamously awful ones too, but it’s been fun! So far, 1983 is the leader in terms of my favorite year.
That is a pretty grand project! I bet it's going to get much more difficult in the streaming era. The charts are so volatile now, especially in the US. It's not unheard of for a song to debut at #1 and barely chart a month later.

Glancing at the year-end chart for 1983 now -- Flashdance made a big splash. I love "What a Feeling" and "Maniac," but I really did not like that movie. But there are a lot more bangers here: "Let's Dance," "She Blinded Me with Science," "Africa," "Little Red Corvette," "Every Breath You Take," "Beat It," "Come on Eileen"... Oh shit. This is the year my dad was 13. That's probably why I like all these songs.

Christopher Cross had one year-end Hot 100 hit in 1983 with "All Right." Kind of sad he ended his hitmaking career on a worse version of "Never Be the Same." Wait, no, "Think of Laura" reached #9, but didn't have much longevity. Huh. That man was not built for the eighties.

Anyway, you have more dedication than I do going through each weekly chart Moonbeam. Hats off.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

ProjectTermina wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:45 pm
Moonbeam wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:30 am I’ve been undertaking a project of listening to songs that have charted on the Hot 100. I’ve rated nearly 22% of all songs that have charted, but because I tend to be more familiar with big hits, on the average chart, I’ve heard about 30 songs. I’ve made some great discoveries through this project and also a few infamously awful ones too, but it’s been fun! So far, 1983 is the leader in terms of my favorite year.
That is a pretty grand project! I bet it's going to get much more difficult in the streaming era. The charts are so volatile now, especially in the US. It's not unheard of for a song to debut at #1 and barely chart a month later.

Glancing at the year-end chart for 1983 now -- Flashdance made a big splash. I love "What a Feeling" and "Maniac," but I really did not like that movie. But there are a lot more bangers here: "Let's Dance," "She Blinded Me with Science," "Africa," "Little Red Corvette," "Every Breath You Take," "Beat It," "Come on Eileen"... Oh shit. This is the year my dad was 13. That's probably why I like all these songs.

Christopher Cross had one year-end Hot 100 hit in 1983 with "All Right." Kind of sad he ended his hitmaking career on a worse version of "Never Be the Same." Wait, no, "Think of Laura" reached #9, but didn't have much longevity. Huh. That man was not built for the eighties.

Anyway, you have more dedication than I do going through each weekly chart Moonbeam. Hats off.
I don't know that I'll be able to finish this project, but it's been a fun way to expand my taste as I'm usually much more of a "vertical" listener, so discovering songs across 64 years of history from lots of different artists has been great! As for 1983, my two favorite singles of all time were charting concurrently: "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by Eurythmics and "1999" by Prince, and there are so many others that are great.

Here's a graph so far tracking my weighted song average (on a 0-10 scale) and the number of songs rated on each chart.
Billboard Hot 100 Songs vs Familiarity 2022-11-02.png
My favorite weeks so far are these:
Top Hot 100 Weeks.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Christmas music is beginning its creep into the Hot 100. In 2019 and 2020, "All I Want for Christmas Is You" attained the #1 spot in the chart dated the third Saturday of December. In 2021, "Easy on Me" kept the spot for a little longer, until the fourth Saturday. As of the chart dated December 10, 2022, "Anti-Hero" is still #1, but "All I Want for Christmas Is You" is right up there at #2...

Here's the Christmas music in the top 20:

#2 "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey
#3 "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee
#5 "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
#6 "A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives
#9 "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams
#10 "Last Christmas" by Wham
#12 "The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)" by Nat King Cole
#13 "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano
#16 "Sleigh Ride" by The Ronettes
#17 "Underneath the Tree" by Kelly Clarkson
#18 "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" by Dean Martin
#19 "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" by Perry Como and the Fontane Sisters with Mitchell Ayres and His Orchestra

So, something I think about sometimes is that most of our Christmas standards come from, like, the fifties and sixties, with 1994's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" being an extremely notable exception by becoming our single most ubiquitous Christmas classic. "Last Christmas" is also a relatively late addition, which feels to me more like an enduringly popular pop song about Christmas rather than a Christmas song per se.

Anyway what's the deal with this Kelly Clarkson song? Is it a new classic? Who's playing it? Instrumentally it definitely sounds engineered to be the next "All I Want for Christmas Is You," in a very unambiguous, cynical way. It's fine. I would not mind hearing it at Walmart.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

I posted this and then took it down because my code had a bug. The way it detected re-entries was that, for each song on this week's chart that had spent more than one week on the Hot 100, it would look for a song in last week's chart with the same name, and if it didn't find one, it would report it as a re-entry. This week, Michael Buble's "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" re-entered the chart, but my code did not identify it as a re-entry because Perry Como's rendition of that song was on the chart last week. I've been fixing bugs like that and making my code cleaner, more extensible, and more maintainable. I'm beginning to think, after a traumatic computer science degree and years of avoidance, that I might actually like programming. Who woulda thunk?

Here's the text my script generates now:

The Billboard Hot 100 chart dated Saturday, December 10, 2022 was released on Tuesday, December 6, 2022. This chart tracks United States airplay, sales, and streaming beginning on Friday, November 25, 2022 and ending on Thursday, December 1, 2022.

These songs are in the top 20 this week:
  1. Taylor Swift - "Anti-Hero", 6 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  2. Mariah Carey - "All I Want For Christmas Is You", 54 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  3. Brenda Lee - "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree", 48 weeks on chart, peaked at #2
  4. Sam Smith & Kim Petras - "Unholy", 10 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  5. Bobby Helms - "Jingle Bell Rock", 45 weeks on chart, peaked at #3
  6. Burl Ives - "A Holly Jolly Christmas", 28 weeks on chart, peaked at #4
  7. Drake & 21 Savage - "Rich Flex", 4 weeks on chart, peaked at #2
  8. Steve Lacy - "Bad Habit", 22 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  9. Andy Williams - "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year", 29 weeks on chart, peaked at #5
  10. Wham! - "Last Christmas", 27 weeks on chart, peaked at #7
  11. David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - "I'm Good (Blue)", 14 weeks on chart, peaked at #7
  12. Nat King Cole - "The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)", 34 weeks on chart, peaked at #11
  13. Jose Feliciano - "Feliz Navidad", 22 weeks on chart, peaked at #6
  14. Harry Styles - "As It Was", 35 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  15. The Weeknd - "Die For You", 18 weeks on chart, peaked at #12
  16. The Ronettes - "Sleigh Ride", 18 weeks on chart, peaked at #10
  17. Kelly Clarkson - "Underneath The Tree", 17 weeks on chart, peaked at #12
  18. Dean Martin - "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow", 21 weeks on chart, peaked at #8
  19. Perry Como And The Fontane Sisters With Mitchell Ayres And His Orchestra - "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas", 14 weeks on chart, peaked at #12
  20. Beyonce - "Cuff It", 16 weeks on chart, peaked at #13
These songs left the chart this week:
  • Luke Combs - "The Kind Of Love We Make" left the chart after 23 weeks. It peaked at #8 and its position last week was #32.
  • Quavo & Takeoff - "Hotel Lobby (Unc And Phew)" left the chart after 20 weeks from its peak position at #57.
  • Rod Wave - "Break My Heart" left the chart after 2 weeks from its peak position at #76.
  • Taylor Swift - "Question...?" left the chart after 5 weeks. It peaked at #7 and its position last week was #78.
  • Taylor Swift - "Mastermind" left the chart after 5 weeks. It peaked at #13 and its position last week was #84.
  • Drake & 21 Savage - "Treacherous Twins" left the chart after 3 weeks. It peaked at #14 and its position last week was #85.
  • Pharrell Williams & Travis Scott - "Down In Atlanta" left the chart after 1 week at #88.
  • Taylor Swift - "Labyrinth" left the chart after 5 weeks. It peaked at #14 and its position last week was #89.
  • Taylor Swift - "Sweet Nothing" left the chart after 5 weeks. It peaked at #15 and its position last week was #92.
  • Rod Wave - "Got It Right" left the chart after 1 week at #95.
  • Joji - "Die For You" left the chart after 3 weeks. It peaked at #53 and its position last week was #96.
  • Jimmie Allen - "Down Home" left the chart after 4 weeks. It peaked at #88 and its position last week was #97.
  • Drake - "Middle Of The Ocean" left the chart after 3 weeks. It peaked at #15 and its position last week was #99.
  • Drake & 21 Savage - "More M’s" left the chart after 3 weeks. It peaked at #18 and its position last week was #100.
These songs made their debut on the Hot 100 this week:
  • Lauren Spencer-Smith - "Last Christmas" entered the chart for the first time at #91.
  • Lizzo - "Someday At Christmas" entered the chart for the first time at #96.
These songs re-entered the chart this week:
  • Darlene Love - "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" re-entered the chart this week at #23. It has spent 13 weeks on the chart, peaking at #16.
  • Ariana Grande - "Santa Tell Me" re-entered the chart this week at #24. It has spent 14 weeks on the chart, peaking at #17.
  • Michael Buble - "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" re-entered the chart this week at #29. It has spent 11 weeks on the chart, peaking at #20.
  • Nat King Cole - "Deck The Halls" re-entered the chart this week at #30. It has spent 4 weeks on the chart, peaking at #30.
  • Bing Crosby - "White Christmas" re-entered the chart this week at #31. It has spent 26 weeks on the chart, peaking at #12.
  • Frank Sinatra - "Jingle Bells" re-entered the chart this week at #33. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart, peaking at #33.
  • Gene Autry - "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" re-entered the chart this week at #34. It has spent 18 weeks on the chart, peaking at #16.
  • Gene Autry - "Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)" re-entered the chart this week at #39. It has spent 11 weeks on the chart, peaking at #26.
  • Thurl Ravenscroft - "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" re-entered the chart this week at #42. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart, peaking at #32.
  • Elvis Presley - "Blue Christmas" re-entered the chart this week at #43. It has spent 4 weeks on the chart, peaking at #33.
  • Jackson 5 - "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" re-entered the chart this week at #49. It has spent 3 weeks on the chart, peaking at #41.
  • Lewis Capaldi - "Forget Me" re-entered the chart this week at #98. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart, peaking at #95.
These songs made big moves:
  • Andy Williams - "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" rose 10 spots from #19 to #9. It has spent 29 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • Wham! - "Last Christmas" rose 13 spots from #23 to #10. It has spent 27 weeks on the chart, peaking at #7.
  • Nat King Cole - "The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)" rose 22 spots from #34 to #12. It has spent 34 weeks on the chart, peaking at #11.
  • Jose Feliciano - "Feliz Navidad" rose 29 spots from #42 to #13. It has spent 22 weeks on the chart, peaking at #6.
  • The Ronettes - "Sleigh Ride" rose 24 spots from #40 to #16. It has spent 18 weeks on the chart, peaking at #10.
  • Kelly Clarkson - "Underneath The Tree" rose 31 spots from #48 to #17. It has spent 17 weeks on the chart, peaking at #12.
  • Dean Martin - "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" rose 23 spots from #41 to #18. It has spent 21 weeks on the chart, peaking at #8.
  • Perry Como And The Fontane Sisters With Mitchell Ayres And His Orchestra - "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" rose 24 spots from #43 to #19. It has spent 14 weeks on the chart, peaking at #12.
  • Rihanna - "Lift Me Up" fell 11 spots from #11 to #22. It has spent 5 weeks on the chart, peaking at #2.
  • Morgan Wallen - "You Proof" fell 12 spots from #13 to #25. It has spent 29 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • Nicki Minaj - "Super Freaky Girl" fell 11 spots from #15 to #26. It has spent 16 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.
  • Zach Bryan - "Something In The Orange" fell 11 spots from #17 to #28. It has spent 32 weeks on the chart, peaking at #12.
  • Morgan Wallen - "Wasted On You" fell 12 spots from #20 to #32. It has spent 55 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9.
  • Lil Uzi Vert - "Just Wanna Rock" fell 14 spots to #35 from its all-time peak at #21. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart.
  • Meghan Trainor - "Made You Look" fell 12 spots to #36 from its all-time peak at #24. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart.
  • GloRilla & Cardi B - "Tomorrow 2" fell 15 spots from #22 to #37. It has spent 10 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9.
  • Doja Cat - "Vegas" fell 13 spots from #25 to #38. It has spent 26 weeks on the chart, peaking at #10.
  • Future Featuring Drake & Tems - "Wait For U" fell 11 spots from #29 to #40. It has spent 31 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.
  • Bad Bunny - "Titi Me Pregunto" fell 16 spots from #28 to #44. It has spent 30 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • OneRepublic - "I Ain't Worried" fell 18 spots from #27 to #45. It has spent 25 weeks on the chart, peaking at #6.
  • Drake Featuring 21 Savage - "Jimmy Cooks" fell 10 spots from #36 to #46. It has spent 24 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.
  • Nicky Youre & dazy - "Sunroof" fell 14 spots from #33 to #47. It has spent 27 weeks on the chart, peaking at #4.
  • Cole Swindell - "She Had Me At Heads Carolina" fell 12 spots from #38 to #50. It has spent 27 weeks on the chart, peaking at #16.
  • Taylor Swift - "Lavender Haze" fell 26 spots from #26 to #52. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart, peaking at #2.
  • Drake & 21 Savage - "Spin Bout U" fell 22 spots from #31 to #53. It has spent 4 weeks on the chart, peaking at #5.
  • Drake & 21 Savage - "Major Distribution" fell 29 spots from #30 to #59. It has spent 4 weeks on the chart, peaking at #3.
  • Taylor Swift - "Bejeweled" fell 20 spots from #50 to #70. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart, peaking at #6.
  • Taylor Swift - "Vigilante Shit" fell 24 spots from #73 to #97. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart, peaking at #10.
ProjectTermina
Let's Get It On

Post by ProjectTermina »

Mariah Carey is in the #1 spot! Big week for Metro Boomin as well.

The Billboard Hot 100 chart dated Saturday, December 17, 2022 was released on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. This chart tracks United States airplay, sales, and streaming beginning on Friday, December 2, 2022 and ending on Thursday, December 8, 2022.

These songs are in the top 20 this week:
  1. Mariah Carey - "All I Want For Christmas Is You", 55 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  2. Brenda Lee - "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree", 49 weeks on chart, peaked at #2
  3. Bobby Helms - "Jingle Bell Rock", 46 weeks on chart, peaked at #3
  4. Burl Ives - "A Holly Jolly Christmas", 29 weeks on chart, peaked at #4
  5. Metro Boomin, The Weeknd & 21 Savage - "Creepin'", 1 week on chart, peaked at #5
  6. Taylor Swift - "Anti-Hero", 7 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  7. Sam Smith & Kim Petras - "Unholy", 11 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  8. Metro Boomin, Future & Chris Brown - "Superhero (Heroes & Villains)", 1 week on chart, peaked at #8
  9. Wham! - "Last Christmas", 28 weeks on chart, peaked at #7
  10. Drake & 21 Savage - "Rich Flex", 5 weeks on chart, peaked at #2
  11. Andy Williams - "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year", 30 weeks on chart, peaked at #5
  12. Jose Feliciano - "Feliz Navidad", 23 weeks on chart, peaked at #6
  13. Steve Lacy - "Bad Habit", 23 weeks on chart, peaked at #1
  14. Perry Como And The Fontane Sisters With Mitchell Ayres And His Orchestra - "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas", 15 weeks on chart, peaked at #12
  15. The Ronettes - "Sleigh Ride", 19 weeks on chart, peaked at #10
  16. Kelly Clarkson - "Underneath The Tree", 18 weeks on chart, peaked at #12
  17. Nat King Cole - "The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)", 35 weeks on chart, peaked at #11
  18. David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - "I'm Good (Blue)", 15 weeks on chart, peaked at #7
  19. The Weeknd - "Die For You", 19 weeks on chart, peaked at #12
  20. Ariana Grande - "Santa Tell Me", 15 weeks on chart, peaked at #17
These songs left the chart this week:
  • Doja Cat - "Vegas" left the chart after 26 weeks. It peaked at #10 and its position last week was #38.
  • Thurl Ravenscroft - "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" left the chart after 5 weeks. It peaked at #32 and its position last week was #42.
  • Bad Bunny - "Titi Me Pregunto" left the chart after 30 weeks. It peaked at #5 and its position last week was #44.
  • OneRepublic - "I Ain't Worried" left the chart after 25 weeks. It peaked at #6 and its position last week was #45.
  • Drake Featuring 21 Savage - "Jimmy Cooks" left the chart after 24 weeks. It peaked at #1 and its position last week was #46.
  • Nicky Youre & dazy - "Sunroof" left the chart after 27 weeks. It peaked at #4 and its position last week was #47.
  • Lizzo - "About Damn Time" left the chart after 33 weeks. It peaked at #1 and its position last week was #48.
  • Jackson 5 - "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" left the chart after 3 weeks. It peaked at #41 and its position last week was #49.
  • Cole Swindell - "She Had Me At Heads Carolina" left the chart after 27 weeks. It peaked at #16 and its position last week was #50.
  • Drake & 21 Savage - "Privileged Rappers" left the chart after 4 weeks. It peaked at #7 and its position last week was #75.
  • Taylor Swift - "Karma" left the chart after 6 weeks. It peaked at #9 and its position last week was #78.
  • Drake & 21 Savage - "Broke Boys" left the chart after 4 weeks. It peaked at #12 and its position last week was #79.
  • Taylor Swift - "You're On Your Own, Kid" left the chart after 6 weeks. It peaked at #8 and its position last week was #80.
  • Drake - "BackOutsideBoyz" left the chart after 4 weeks. It peaked at #9 and its position last week was #81.
  • Taylor Swift Featuring Lana Del Rey - "Snow On The Beach" left the chart after 6 weeks. It peaked at #4 and its position last week was #83.
  • Lil Baby - "California Breeze" left the chart after 7 weeks. It peaked at #4 and its position last week was #86.
  • Drake & 21 Savage - "Hours In Silence" left the chart after 4 weeks. It peaked at #11 and its position last week was #88.
  • Drake - "Jumbotron Shit Poppin" left the chart after 4 weeks. It peaked at #16 and its position last week was #92.
  • Gabby Barrett - "Pick Me Up" left the chart after 18 weeks. It peaked at #69 and its position last week was #93.
  • Manuel Turizo - "La Bachata" left the chart after 15 weeks. It peaked at #67 and its position last week was #95.
  • Taylor Swift - "Vigilante Shit" left the chart after 6 weeks. It peaked at #10 and its position last week was #97.
  • Lewis Capaldi - "Forget Me" left the chart after 6 weeks. It peaked at #95 and its position last week was #98.
  • Oliver Tree & Robin Schulz - "Miss You" left the chart after 6 weeks. It peaked at #84 and its position last week was #100.
These songs made their debut on the Hot 100 this week:
  • Metro Boomin, The Weeknd & 21 Savage - "Creepin'" entered the chart for the first time at #5.
  • Metro Boomin, Future & Chris Brown - "Superhero (Heroes & Villains)" entered the chart for the first time at #8.
  • Metro Boomin Featuring Don Toliver & Future - "Too Many Nights" entered the chart for the first time at #22.
  • Metro Boomin, 21 Savage & Young Nudy - "Umbrella" entered the chart for the first time at #23.
  • Metro Boomin, Travis Scott & 21 Savage - "Niagara Falls (Foot Or 2)" entered the chart for the first time at #27.
  • Metro Boomin & Travis Scott - "Raindrops (Insane)" entered the chart for the first time at #31.
  • Morgan Wallen - "One Thing At A Time" entered the chart for the first time at #37.
  • Metro Boomin, Travis Scott & Young Thug - "Trance" entered the chart for the first time at #42.
  • Metro Boomin & Young Thug - "Metro Spider" entered the chart for the first time at #43.
  • Metro Boomin & John Legend - "On Time" entered the chart for the first time at #48.
  • Morgan Wallen - "Tennessee Fan" entered the chart for the first time at #49.
  • Metro Boomin & 21 Savage Featuring Mustafa - "Walk Em Down (Don't Kill Civilians)" entered the chart for the first time at #52.
  • Metro Boomin Featuring Don Toliver - "Around Me" entered the chart for the first time at #53.
  • Metro Boomin & Future Featuring Don Toliver - "I Can't Save You (Interlude)" entered the chart for the first time at #55.
  • Morgan Wallen - "Days That End In Why" entered the chart for the first time at #57.
  • Metro Boomin & A$AP Rocky Featuring Takeoff - "Feel The Fiyaaaah" entered the chart for the first time at #59.
  • Metro Boomin & Gunna - "All The Money" entered the chart for the first time at #66.
  • Arcangel & Bad Bunny - "La Jumpa" entered the chart for the first time at #68.
  • Metro Boomin, Travis Scott & Future - "Lock On Me" entered the chart for the first time at #72.
  • RM With Youjeen - "Wild Flower" entered the chart for the first time at #83.
  • Kelly Clarkson & Ariana Grande - "Santa, Can't You Hear Me" entered the chart for the first time at #92.
  • Kane Brown - "Blue Christmas" entered the chart for the first time at #98.
  • RAYE Featuring 070 Shake - "Escapism" entered the chart for the first time at #100.
No songs re-entered the chart this week.

These songs made big moves:
  • Chris Brown - "Under The Influence" fell 12 spots from #21 to #33. It has spent 13 weeks on the chart, peaking at #14.
  • Rihanna - "Lift Me Up" fell 13 spots from #22 to #35. It has spent 6 weeks on the chart, peaking at #2.
  • Post Malone Featuring Doja Cat - "I Like You (A Happier Song)" fell 12 spots from #27 to #39. It has spent 27 weeks on the chart, peaking at #3.
  • Nicki Minaj - "Super Freaky Girl" fell 14 spots from #26 to #40. It has spent 17 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.
  • Zach Bryan - "Something In The Orange" fell 13 spots from #28 to #41. It has spent 33 weeks on the chart, peaking at #12.
  • Meghan Trainor - "Made You Look" fell 10 spots from #36 to #46. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #24.
  • GloRilla & Cardi B - "Tomorrow 2" fell 10 spots from #37 to #47. It has spent 11 weeks on the chart, peaking at #9.
  • Future Featuring Drake & Tems - "Wait For U" fell 10 spots from #40 to #50. It has spent 32 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.
  • Thomas Rhett Featuring Riley Green - "Half Of Me" fell 23 spots from #68 to #91. It has spent 16 weeks on the chart, peaking at #52.
  • Taylor Swift - "Maroon" fell 20 spots from #73 to #93. It has spent 7 weeks on the chart, peaking at #3.
  • Jackson Dean - "Don't Come Lookin'" fell 27 spots from #69 to #96. It has spent 15 weeks on the chart, peaking at #50.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”