Insider (US) - The 15 best albums of the decade, ranked

Critics’ lists published at the end of the decade.
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Re: Insider (US) - The 15 best albums of the decade, ranked

Post by VacantJoy »

15. "Thank U, Next" boasts some of Ariana Grande's most poignant and heartbreaking lyrics.
14. "Emotion" pulled Carly Rae Jepsen out of one-hit-wonder territory.
13. "1989" solidified Taylor Swift as a pop queen.
12. Kendrick Lamar's debut album, "Good Kid, M.A.A.D City," brilliantly showcased the rapper's lyricism.
11. "Pure Heroine" challenged modern pop artists to keep up with a teen who knew more about youth nostalgia than most adults.
10. "Channel Orange" was an instant classic upon its release and is now simply a classic.
9. "Body Talk" by Robyn set the groundwork for 2010s pop music.
8. "Melodrama" is a perfect album that understands that there are no "Perfect Places" to deal with your heartbreak.
7. Beyoncé changed the music industry forever when she surprise-dropped her self-titled album.
6. "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is often referred to as Kanye West's magnum opus.
5. There's a reason fans have been endlessly itching for another album since Rihanna unleashed "Anti" onto the world.
4. "Blonde" by Frank Ocean "is a fully-realized vision with stratospheric high points and virtually zero low points."
3. "Lemonade" is evidence that Beyoncé is in a league of her own.
2. "To Pimp a Butterfly" became the lyrical backdrop of the greater Black Lives Matter movement.
1. "Red" is endlessly listenable and thoroughly enjoyable, and includes some of the best lyrics written this entire decade by anyone.Taylor Swift
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s

Return to “EOD 2010s”