Rate the Album 4: David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Please rate David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust... on a scale of 1-10

01/10
No votes
02/10
No votes
03/10
No votes
04/10
No votes
05/10
3%
06/10
10%
07/10
5%
08/10
13%
09/10
18%
10/10
51%

Total votes: 39

Holden
Never Going Back Again

Rate the Album 4: David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Post by Holden »

Please rate David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars on a scale of 1-10 in the poll above. Thank you!
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
StyleItTakes
Are You Experienced?

Re: Rate the Album 4: David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Post by StyleItTakes »

David Bowie at the absolute peak of his powers. Released only six months after his incredible pop masterpiece Hunky Dory, and a few months before he produced Lou Reed's seminal glam rock record Transformer. All three albums were released within 12 months of each other, an astonishing achievement by one man.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust was more of a rock 'n' roll record than its predecessor, with elements of glam rock and proto-punk: a style of rock music that would evolve into punk. Bowie would learn that style from The Velvet Underground, and in turn, would influence Velvet Lou Reed to incorporate glam rock on Transformer. The student becomes the teacher.

Hunky Dory; The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust; and Station To Station are interchangeably the albums I consider to be Bowie's best.
Why don't you sit right over there
We'll do a movie portrait
I'll turn the camera on
And I won't even be there
A portrait that moves
You look great I think

Return to “Rate the album”