Eligibility criteria for EOY lists

Henrik
Site Admin

Eligibility criteria for EOY lists

Post by Henrik »

Here are the criteria for how to determine whether a new source is eligible for the EOD albums/songs spreadsheet:

1. The Alexa.com rank should be less than 1,000,000 and the number of sites linking in should be more than 100. Both these criteria should preferably be met, but if one of the numbers is really strong that might be ok too. Printed magazines that are devoted to music are always eligible.

2. It should be clear that the list was compiled by several people (minimum three) from the staff, or represents the whole staff somehow.

3. The source needs to publish at least 10 album reviews per month, and not just recommendations with a couple of sentences per album.

4. A radio or TV channel is eligible if it is a "main station" of a country (typically a public broadcasting service with a focus on music). The staff team requirement needs to be fulfilled but not the number of reviews.

5. No record stores.

6. No genre lists from non-genre might be ok too. Printed magazines that are devoted to music are always eligible.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
JohnnyBGoode
Rust Never Sleeps

Re: Eligibility criteria for EOY lists

Post by JohnnyBGoode »

Henrik wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:15 pm Here are the criteria for how to determine whether a new source is eligible for the EOD albums/songs spreadsheet:
Henrik

Can you pin the songs sources thread please?

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/forums/vi ... =28&t=9290
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

I've included Donchano's new sources Live4Ever and Stereoboard. I checked the criteria, and they seem eligible, but let me know if they are not, Henrik.
"The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying."
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Holden wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:14 pm I've included Donchano's new sources Live4Ever and Stereoboard. I checked the criteria, and they seem eligible, but let me know if they are not, Henrik.
Holden, I have trust in you. Anything you feel pretty certain about is fine with me. :)
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Henrik wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:48 pm
Holden wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:14 pm I've included Donchano's new sources Live4Ever and Stereoboard. I checked the criteria, and they seem eligible, but let me know if they are not, Henrik.
Holden, I have trust in you. Anything you feel pretty certain about is fine with me. :)
How should I handle reissues (such as Tom Petty's Wildflowers & All the Rest)
Should they be removed entirely?
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

Holden wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:58 am How should I handle reissues (such as Tom Petty's Wildflowers & All the Rest)
if an album is on a list, just include it in the spreadsheet. I always did. If enough sources include a likely-ineligible album that it might actually end up with a high rank, Henrik will deal with it when deciding what albums to add to the database. But I don't think we've ever encountered that kind of situation.
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Harold wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:04 am
Holden wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:58 am How should I handle reissues (such as Tom Petty's Wildflowers & All the Rest)
if an album is on a list, just include it in the spreadsheet. I always did. If enough sources include a likely-ineligible album that it might actually end up with a high rank, Henrik will deal with it when deciding what albums to add to the database. But I don't think we've ever encountered that kind of situation.
Another maybe strange question; should CBC Music's Best Canadian albums list go in with the rest of the lists that are for only one country? Those so far have just been in the rest of the world category.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Holden wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:49 am
Another maybe strange question; should CBC Music's Best Canadian albums list go in with the rest of the lists that are for only one country? Those so far have just been in the rest of the world category.
The G columns have lower weights, so I think I would prefer to have all national lists there.
Holden
Never Going Back Again

Post by Holden »

Henrik wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:29 pm

The G columns have lower weights, so I think I would prefer to have all national lists there.
Sorry for all the questions, but how should I handle the genre lists from DownBeat? (Which also seem to be heavily on 2019 titles)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Holden wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:10 pm
Henrik wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:29 pm

Sorry for all the questions, but how should I handle the genre lists from DownBeat? (Which also seem to be heavily on 2019 titles)
You can just add them as separate lists. Thanks!
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Soundi (Finland) has a national list ,The AU Review (AUS) has one too and others...you may collect them all together
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s

Return to “EOY 2020”