Rolling Stones - 25 Essential Gay Pride Songs

Cicice
Let's Get It On

Rolling Stones - 25 Essential Gay Pride Songs

Post by Cicice »

ROLLING STONES - 25 Essential Gay Pride Songs: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 77-120077/

This list is 2 years old done in 21 /06 /19. I couldn't spot it in the forum, so here it is. A bit of Bucci Bag's "More Lemonade (Scissor Sisters' Sticky Tits Mix)" would have been awesome.

Donna Summer - I Feel Love (1977)
Village People - YMCA (1978)
Sylvester - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) (1978)
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (1978)
Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out (1980)
Elton John - Elton's Song (1981)
The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men (1983)
Erasure - A Little Respect (1988)
Madonna - Vogue (1990)
George Michael - Freedom! 90 (1990)
Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart (1990)
Pansy Division - Anthem (1993)
Melissa Etheridge - Come To My Window (1993)
Peaches - Fuck The Pain Away (2000)
Hedwig & The Angry Inch - Wig In A Box (2001)
Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys / I Love Boys Hardcore (2001)
Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama (2004)
Hercules & Love Affair ft Antony Hegarty - Blind (2008)
Robyn - Dancing On My Own (2010)
Lady GaGa - Born This Way (2011)
Mary Lambert - She Keeps Me Warm (2013)
Tegan & Sara - Closer (2013)
Perfume Genius - Queen (2014)
Against Me! - True Trans Soul Rebel (2014)
Shamir - On The Regular (2015)
Sia - Alive (2016)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Rolling Stones - 25 Essential Gay Pride Songs

Post by StevieFan13 »

I think Henrik’s thing about lists that follow a non-musical theme is that he typically likes them to come from a relevant source. So an LGBT songs list isn’t verboten, it probably would just be more likely to be considered if it were from an LGBT publication.

Look, I can tell you’re enthusiastic about finding lists for the site. That’s fantastic! The more the merrier. But I was the same way when I got to the forum - obsessively looking for lists and praying they met every qualification until Henrik damn near begged me to give it a rest. Nowadays, I’ll still look, but I’ll only post a list if I’m positive it checks off all the boxes. Enthusiasm for music is great! But with so many lists already waiting for Henrik’s approval (last few updates have all been mostly EOY lists, save for lists from big publications like RS or Pitchfork, and since I’ve come to the forum it’s been four years or so since most non-EOY album lists got added, let alone song lists), and with him being a busy guy with a life outside of the forum, I think the best thing is to keep looking and wait to post until you’re positive you’ve got a winner. And in the meantime, there are a ton of other things going on on the forum! You can show your love of music through them.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

StevieFan13 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 pm I think Henrik’s thing about lists that follow a non-musical theme is that he typically likes them to come from a relevant source. So an LGBT songs list isn’t verboten, it probably would just be more likely to be considered if it were from an LGBT publication.

Look, I can tell you’re enthusiastic about finding lists for the site. That’s fantastic! The more the merrier. But I was the same way when I got to the forum - obsessively looking for lists and praying they met every qualification until Henrik damn near begged me to give it a rest. Nowadays, I’ll still look, but I’ll only post a list if I’m positive it checks off all the boxes. Enthusiasm for music is great! But with so many lists already waiting for Henrik’s approval (last few updates have all been mostly EOY lists, save for lists from big publications like RS or Pitchfork, and since I’ve come to the forum it’s been four years or so since most non-EOY album lists got added, let alone song lists), and with him being a busy guy with a life outside of the forum, I think the best thing is to keep looking and wait to post until you’re positive you’ve got a winner. And in the meantime, there are a ton of other things going on on the forum! You can show your love of music through them.
With this being the case, maybe this forum needs a 'novelty list' subforum so these can still be shared. That way, they can still be collected in one place while not requiring Henrik to wade through ineligible lists.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

That’s a good idea Bleu!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Cicice
Let's Get It On

Post by Cicice »

StevieFan13 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 pm I think Henrik’s thing about lists that follow a non-musical theme is that he typically likes them to come from a relevant source. So an LGBT songs list isn’t verboten, it probably would just be more likely to be considered if it were from an LGBT publication.

Thanks for the heads up. If that's so then fortunately for Henrik I don't have that much lists found at the moment. Although I can definitely see why juggling outside life with not just 10,000 songs and 3,000 albums but with albums that also never made a list - it'll be difficult to keep track of so many names and titles. I'll keep it the postings on the low for now and it's been quite easy for the past few months since it's quite 50/50 finding a list with 1 writer and finding one with multiple writers. I've checked the "Music, music, music" club and I'll might actually give it a go when I find the time.
Cicice
Let's Get It On

Post by Cicice »

BleuPanda wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:51 pm

With this being the case, maybe this forum needs a 'novelty list' subforum so these can still be shared. That way, they can still be collected in one place while not requiring Henrik to wade through ineligible lists.
That's not a bad idea either. Perhaps the novelty or themed list could also show which lists has been notified on that sub-forum to help some of us avoid posting it again as if we've just discovered a new or missed out list.
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s

Return to “Sexual orientation and gender identity”