I made an Acclaimed Music Forums EOY, EOD, and OTHER Indexes

TheScientist
Superunknown

I made an Acclaimed Music Forums EOY, EOD, and OTHER Indexes

Post by TheScientist »

Hey all I'm the new guy here but I made something recently i wanted to share. :greetings-waveyellow:

I made an Acclaimed Music Forums EOY, EOD, and OTHER lists on several compiled indexes. I thought having the End of Decade song and albums is a great treasure trove and then all the EOY lists also all together on the same page work nicely as well. I then took all the 2100+ non EOY threads in that section of the forum and alphabetized them. :music-listening:

I initially planned to copy and paste that data back into the forum but it doesn't copy and paste the hyperlinks (as you're likely aware). Hopefully having these pages up is a nice tool for navigating the forum easier and finding great lists off the sorted pages. If you have any recommendations or thoughts on it let me know. I know I know zilch about the history of the forum so I likely have the timeline observation completely wrong. :angry-nono:

This is linked and part of my general list archiving project on the blog that includes a few others list sites to help find lists either and navigate (such as Rocklist or Discogs) to keep them online after they've departed (such as Listology or DJ History) . :music-guitarred:

Anyway I hope this effort is useful both to people on the forum and off of it. :romance-kisscheek:
I'm Freewave, also known as TheScientist on RateYourMusic. I run the RYM Box Set Project for chronological guides & playlists to all genres and scenes. A group project 13 Years and Running. :music-listening: Professional listologist and archiver. ;)
panam
Full of Fire

Re: I made an Acclaimed Music Forums EOY, EOD, and OTHER Indexes

Post by panam »

Are you the guyof RYM Box Set? You're such a legend! Have you written a book about music?
lagire
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999!

Post by lagire »

Great initiative
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

This is a fantastic summary!
Welcome to the forum, TheScientist! :greetings-waveyellow:

By the way, Acclaimed Music has been around since 2001, but had a different forum until 2012.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... =0&msgid=0

See also http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/updates.htm
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
TheScientist
Superunknown

Post by TheScientist »

panam wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:45 pm Are you the guy of RYM Box Set? You're such a legend! Have you written a book about music?
Yup that's me. :D Haven't gone that book route. I really don't have the bug to write everything into a book although I am working hard to get as much of the project completed and to take the project more overground and outside of rym. Frankly a bit hard though. :angry-banghead:
Last edited by TheScientist on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Freewave, also known as TheScientist on RateYourMusic. I run the RYM Box Set Project for chronological guides & playlists to all genres and scenes. A group project 13 Years and Running. :music-listening: Professional listologist and archiver. ;)
TheScientist
Superunknown

Post by TheScientist »

Henrik wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:07 am This is a fantastic summary!
Welcome to the forum, TheScientist! :greetings-waveyellow:

By the way, Acclaimed Music has been around since 2001, but had a different forum until 2012.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... =0&msgid=0

See also http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/updates.htm
Oooh thanks, I knew I'd be a bit off. Appreciate the info!

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”