LiveAbout (USA) - The Top 30 Modern Pop Songs (2019)

Lists by single critics or musicians, published in magazines or on websites, have lower priority. The amount of such lists would be impossible to handle.
(However, priority is given to single author lists from books, very famous music critics and artists with albums or songs ranked on Acclaimed Music. Single author lists are also more likely to get priority if they are not limited to a genre or artist.)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

LiveAbout (USA) - The Top 30 Modern Pop Songs (2019)

Post by StevieFan13 »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12321

Bill Lamb strikes again! Would seem to be unranked, since this site usually indicates whether or not a list is a countdown depending on what number they start with. Also, given the normal format of Lamb/LiveAbout's articles, in spite of all the mentions of sales, I don't think that was the criteria here (certainly they can't be ranked by popularity since "Cheerleader" didn't wind up being nearly as big a hit as "See You Again," at least around these parts). It's also odd that the list is from 2019 when most of the songs are from 2014-16.

OMI - "Cheerleader"
Taylor Swift - "Bad Blood"
The Weeknd - "Can't Feel My Face"
Walk the Moon - "Shut Up and Dance"
Fetty Wap - "Trap Queen"
Tove Lo - "Talking Body"
Wiz Khalifa - "See You Again"
Fifth Harmony - "Worth It"
DJ Snake and AlunaGeorge - "You Know You Like It"
Rachel Platten - "Fight Song"
Major Lazer and DJ Snake - "Lean On"
David Guetta - "Hey Mama"
Skrillex and Diplo - "Where Are U Now"
Jason Derulo - "Want to Want Me"
Silento - "Watch Me"
Andy Grammer - "Honey, I'm Good"
Natalie La Rose - "Somebody"
Demi Lovato - "Cool for the Summer"
Omarion - "Post to Be"
Selena Gomez - "Good for You"
Fall Out Boy - "Uma Thurman"
Tori Kelly - "Should've Been Us"
Nick Jonas - "Chains"
Ed Sheeran - "Photograph"
Adam Lambert - "Ghost Town"
Little Big Town - "Girl Crush"
Flo Rida - "I Don't Like It, I Love It"
Sam Hunt - "Take Your Time"
Kaya Stewart - "In Love with a Boy"
Nicki Minaj - "The Night Is Still Young"

I really hope I've made it clear that just because I post a list doesn't mean I think the list itself is perfect. Or even always good. Just potentially eligible. I have nothing against modern pop music, I'm just annoyed at how dispassionately this list was clearly thrown together compared to some of the others I've had the fortune of sharing. Just part of the job, I suppose.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

Return to “Single critics & musicians”