Phi Phenomenon Movie site

o.m.
Different Class

Phi Phenomenon Movie site

Post by o.m. »

Hi fellow cinephiles, I found an excellent site a few years ago that looks like TSPDT but, euh, in a more popular (or mainstream) format maybe. And they had a major update recently, so let me know what you think about it! Here's a link!
http://www.phi-phenomenon.org/
:P
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Re: Phi Phenomenon Movie site

Post by andyd1010 »

Thanks for sharing! This seems like a good starting place for someone like me. I'm not exactly a cinephile, and some of the subtle filmmaking achievements in TSPDT's obscure top films are lost on me, so this seems more likely to appeal to my taste. A lot of my favorites rank higher here than they do there. This also seems like a list with a lot of culturally significant movies that are worth seeing for that purpose in addition to their quality.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

As I have noted several times in this forum, I've always had a fondness for Phi-Phenomenon, even though by any objective standard it's an almost-comically out-of-date website (even the creator acknowledges this in the latest update) and has some questionable-at-best methodology. But at the time I discovered it, it was the only movie website I knew of that aggregated extant greatest-film lists into a ranked list that went well beyond TSPDT's top 1,000, which was exactly what I was looking for at the time.

A few years later, I discovered Films101.com, which does a lot of the same things in a much more systematic and extensive (not to mention much more reader-friendly, and much more regularly-updated) way; but I will always have a soft spot for Phi-Phenomenon. This new update is the first one in almost four years, and it would not surprise me if it is the last.
burbigo
Superunknown

Post by burbigo »

Hi, thanks for sharing the site it's really interesting.
ritayong
The Only Way Is Up

Post by ritayong »

Too bad the Phi Phenomenon site no longer works.
Humphrey12
Strange Fruit

Post by Humphrey12 »

Hello, Rita, and welcome to the forum!

Also, what are you talking about? The site works just fine. We just checked and had an all-around great and memorable experience.

Return to “Films, Movies, Motion Pictures...”