Persona 5

BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Persona 5

Post by BleuPanda »

Persona 5 finally comes out tomorrow in the US; I've been dying for this game to exist since I first played Persona 4 back in 2008. Persona 4 was my favorite game ever from then until I played Life is Strange in 2015; reviews seem to agree this is just as good if not better than Persona 4, so I'm hella hyped. Anyone else here going to play it?
jimmyj
Strange Fruit

Re: Persona 5

Post by jimmyj »

I too have seen the early reviews and videos for this on PS4. I am pumped to pick this up. Looks like an excellent game. I probably won't pick it up until the end of the month though. Due to tight budget.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Parts of me want to, but I don't have the dedication (and the time) for a game like that anymore. I have a hard time spending more than 30 hours on the same game, and that would barely get me through 20% of the game.
I didn't play Persona 4, but the 3 was very impressive, though I felt a bit lost at time (and got it at a time when I couldn't put enough time on it, so I didn't go that far).
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

After four installments in the series, I'm excited to finally learn the mysterious details of the relationship between Alma and Elisabet Vogler.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Nick wrote:After four installments in the series, I'm excited to finally learn the mysterious details of the relationship between Alma and Elisabet Vogler.

By chance, my second favorite game and second favorite movie are both Persona.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I'm at the start of the second palace now.

Love the characters, love the dungeons, like the concept, hate that dungeons are still on After School and force a higher number of trips so all your social link time is taken away.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

This thread was the first time I'd ever heard of the Persona series. I'm happy to report that I bought the game when it came out for the Switch back in October and wow! I've already put close to 70 hours into it and I'm only between the fourth and fifth palaces. Such an amazing game, I can tell this one is going to be easily one of my all time favorites.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Nassim wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 am Parts of me want to, but I don't have the dedication (and the time) for a game like that anymore. I have a hard time spending more than 30 hours on the same game, and that would barely get me through 20% of the game.
I didn't play Persona 4, but the 3 was very impressive, though I felt a bit lost at time (and got it at a time when I couldn't put enough time on it, so I didn't go that far).
Well... Since this post I have beat 5 then 4 Golden then 5 royal and am eagerly waiting for the 3 to be available on new generation consoles !
So I guess I was completely wrong !
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Nick wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:43 pm This thread was the first time I'd ever heard of the Persona series. I'm happy to report that I bought the game when it came out for the Switch back in October and wow! I've already put close to 70 hours into it and I'm only between the fourth and fifth palaces. Such an amazing game, I can tell this one is going to be easily one of my all time favorites.
Just beat the game tonight. Wow. 10/10. If we were doing the video game poll again this would easily be in my top 5 of all time. All together it took me a cool 148 hours to beat the game. And I picked one romance and stuck with it. No cheating here.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Nick wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:35 am
Nick wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:43 pm This thread was the first time I'd ever heard of the Persona series. I'm happy to report that I bought the game when it came out for the Switch back in October and wow! I've already put close to 70 hours into it and I'm only between the fourth and fifth palaces. Such an amazing game, I can tell this one is going to be easily one of my all time favorites.
Just beat the game tonight. Wow. 10/10. If we were doing the video game poll again this would easily be in my top 5 of all time. All together it took me a cool 148 hours to beat the game. And I picked one romance and stuck with it. No cheating here.
You probably shouldn't do it right away to avoid any kind of overdose, but Persona 4 Golden is as good !
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Nassim wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:50 pm
Nick wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:35 am
You probably shouldn't do it right away to avoid any kind of overdose, but Persona 4 Golden is as good !
Oh I’m definitely looking forward to picking up P4G when it comes to the Switch next month. But I won’t play it right away, because, as you said, I don’t want to overdo it. I’m also thinking of picking up Strikers, which I’ve heard good things about. It’s a hack and slash so the change in combat might be a bit jarring, but I am curious to see how it progresses the story/characters in P5.

Return to “General Discussion”