Would You Be Interested in a Game Club?

ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Would You Be Interested in a Game Club?

Post by ordinaryperson »

Hello,

Recently mileswide conducted a greatest video games of all time poll on this forum. I wondering if anyone wanted to do a game club using the results of that poll. It would work similar to the book club that I also run, where people nominate books and then we vote on what book we will read. Of course, the problem with this would be the scheduling as most video games don't have "chapters" or something similar to that. We could just vote on a new game at the beginning of each month. Would you like to do this?
There is No More Firmament.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Would You Be Interested in a Game Club?

Post by Jirin »

I'm interested but I'm wondering about the logistics. You can't get an old game the same way you could buy a book on Amazon.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

Jirin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:34 am I'm interested but I'm wondering about the logistics. You can't get an old game the same way you could buy a book on Amazon.
Emulation could be used.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

I’d be very down, especially since I finally have a little more time on my hands!

I tried emulating a game before but couldn’t figure it out but if you could provide some advice for that than it should be no problem.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

FrankLotion wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:02 am I tried emulating a game before but couldn’t figure it out but if you could provide some advice for that than it should be no problem.
Unfortunately, outside of some funky stuff with the NES and SNES minis I probably have less experience than you with emulation. There is the Emulation Wiki if you need help.

Return to “General Discussion”