Advertisement for Donations towards Μe

VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Advertisement for Donations towards Μe

Post by VacantJoy »

Hello forumites,

I decided to add a donate link in my account after some contemplation and with Henrik's approval (although he can not promise another site update).

After three years of very hard work in AMF in these threads

EOY 2020
viewtopic.php?p=136596#p136596

EOD 2010s
viewtopic.php?p=169084#p169084

EOY 2022
viewtopic.php?p=169529#p169529

GENERAL
Help Wanted: Transcriptions of Lists viewtopic.php?t=11462

IN ADDITION for CINEMA to (TSPDT)

CINEMA GENERAL
Help Wanted : Cinema Lists viewtopic.php?t=11765

(I have collected over 6000 sources,whoever wants them can dm me to have all the e-mails that i have sent to Bill Georgaris (Creator of TSPDT)

IDEAS = GOALS
viewtopic.php?p=180331#p180331

I try to find/collect new lists in whatever form (from books to playlists,youtube videos) , to transcribe them or other forgotten ones, to add information about these sources and organize the Critics' lists forum or the site by suggesting new Ideas or adding errors ! With the aim to have a more clear & right & transparent site and to add More albums than 3000,More Songs than 10000,more genres,more artists,more years,more countries(world music) and not just a rock centered site due to music history of the past(this changed with the 2010s update).With all these changes i hope for a more balanced and right ranking if we are able to say this...

I would be grateful for anyone who can support all this work!

My Revolut's link https://revolut.me/anastagf0s

Thanks to All :romance-kisscheek:

Yours sincerely,
Vacantjoy/Αnastasis (My First Name)
Last edited by VacantJoy on Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DONATIONS TOWARDS ME -> https://revolut.me/anastagf0s
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Re: Advertisement for Donations towards Μe

Post by VacantJoy »

i will update this because i think there is a technical problem with revolut.
Last edited by VacantJoy on Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I didn't want to say anything, but I don't think you should get your hopes up. Pretty much all of us who've volunteered in the past do it for no reason other than we want to help, no financial compensation expected. I've put hours and days into working here (which is part of why I slowed down - I'm not getting paid, it doesn't really matter in the long run except to be helpful and the update isn't coming for a while, why spend that much time on it if I'm not having fun doing it?), but I've never expected to be paid for it. If you think the work you're doing here justifies compensation, think it all you want, but you may have to just be OK with appreciation for all your help. Which you should get, don't get me wrong! Thanks for helping out as much as you do.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
panam
Full of Fire

Post by panam »

I'm confused on several levels with this. As Stevie says this has been a voluntary work based on supporting the community of music lovers to Henrik's project. Now you also talk about changing many things about Acclaimedmusic. Henrik is aware of this?
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I mostly don't know what I'll be paying for.
I've gotten so much out of AM over the years that I won't mind to pay a small one-time donation to help it continue or to make a more bigger update possible (after so many years I'd frankly be somewhat disappointed if again it is only EOY-lists that get added), but I don't feel like just paying someone, except Henrik, especially for something many have done for free in the past.
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

i will respond when i come back
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

panam wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:48 pm I'm confused on several levels with this. As Stevie says this has been a voluntary work based on supporting the community of music lovers to Henrik's project. Now you also talk about changing many things about Acclaimedmusic. Henrik is aware of this?
This is what I wrote to Vacantjoy when he asked me if he could add a donate link in his signature:

”I don’t have an issue with your donate link, but I have a question about your goals. What is your goal, and what’s in this goal for other forumers that will make them want to pay you? This has to be clarified in your post. I’m asking because I’m sorry to say that adding more and more lists to the forum will not increase the chance of a future site update.

Of course it’s good for me to have plenty of lists to choose from when adding lists to a coming update, but there’s no way that I will be able to add all the lists you have already posted, so there’s really no need for even more lists.

My goal, that I’m not certain I will reach, is to increase the number of ranked albums from 3000 to 10000, so that the number of ranked albums and songs are the same. I already have enough critics’ lists to make that increase, but there’s a lot of work to add another ~4000 albums to the database. Time that I don’t have in a forseeable future.

I hope that this doesn’t come as too much of a surprise or disappointment… I do appeciate all the work you have done!”

Having said that…

Vacantjoy, I want to emphasize that your work during the last few years has been nothing less than amazing. To have all the lists you have transcribed, collected here in one place, is a great source of information to every forum visitor! This itself could definitely warrant a donation, although of course it’s up to each individual visitor to decide how to use their money.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Yeah, that was kind of the other thing: the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, right? So I might’ve been proud of digging up new lists, but what was the point if they might never be added, eligible or not, and the process of finding them was getting less and less fun? (Especially since I personally am not that interested in the EOY lists, although I obviously understand why non-EOY lists haven’t been added in a while). Worthwhile lists are harder to find. They’re either from the same handful of sources or written by AI.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

StevieFan13 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:16 pm I didn't want to say anything, but I don't think you should get your hopes up. Pretty much all of us who've volunteered in the past do it for no reason other than we want to help, no financial compensation expected. I've put hours and days into working here (which is part of why I slowed down - I'm not getting paid, it doesn't really matter in the long run except to be helpful and the update isn't coming for a while, why spend that much time on it if I'm not having fun doing it?), but I've never expected to be paid for it. If you think the work you're doing here justifies compensation, think it all you want, but you may have to just be OK with appreciation for all your help. Which you should get, don't get me wrong! Thanks for helping out as much as you do.
I didn't respond that day due to personal issues and i am not in the mood for it now too but anyways,

Stevie i don't think you have anything to do with my hopes...I don't expect anything , my work here is just as everybody else's voluntary and optional even for Henrik who used to have a donate link but doesn't now and he doesn't have adds on the site ...If anyone wants to support me of course is voluntary and optional just as my work and if anyone doesn't have money to survive i would be glad to keep them for himself,due to my ethical coding i wouldn't put a donate link if i hadn't work enough for it ! I understood from myself that you have spent countless hours for your work here and i appreciate it as i have already said...The other stuff is completely your's and that is none of my business...you re welcome :romance-kisscheek:
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

panam wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:48 pm I'm confused on several levels with this. As Stevie says this has been a voluntary work based on supporting the community of music lovers to Henrik's project. Now you also talk about changing many things about Acclaimedmusic. Henrik is aware of this?
Henrik,as you have already seen is always informed about my actions here especially for my moderator skills and the donation's thing,i took his permission because the site is obviously not mine and i don't act arbitrarily , i have suggested some ideas which i think are going to help improve the site but that's of course not the definitive result ! I would like it to be more decentralized and communicative among it's Member's ! I have answered about the voluntary thing on the Stevie's comment... :romance-kisscheek:
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Rob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:20 am I mostly don't know what I'll be paying for.
I've gotten so much out of AM over the years that I won't mind to pay a small one-time donation to help it continue or to make a more bigger update possible (after so many years I'd frankly be somewhat disappointed if again it is only EOY-lists that get added), but I don't feel like just paying someone, except Henrik, especially for something many have done for free in the past.
I try to find/collect new lists in whatever form (from books to playlists,youtube videos) , to transcribe them or other forgotten ones, to add info and organize the lists or the site by suggesting new Ideas or adding errors ... The update part isn't on my hands, i don't know how Henrik added the lists and what was the ranking algorithm behind them,i only know that we make spreadsheets for them !So i don't want to put any force to Henrik for an update for obvious reasons,yeap i see Henrik should have a donation link in the site (my view though)... :romance-kisscheek:
VacantJoy
Leader of the Pack

Post by VacantJoy »

Henrik wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:47 pm
This is what I wrote to Vacantjoy when he asked me if he could add a donate link in his signature:

”I don’t have an issue with your donate link, but I have a question about your goals. What is your goal, and what’s in this goal for other forumers that will make them want to pay you? This has to be clarified in your post. I’m asking because I’m sorry to say that adding more and more lists to the forum will not increase the chance of a future site update.

Of course it’s good for me to have plenty of lists to choose from when adding lists to a coming update, but there’s no way that I will be able to add all the lists you have already posted, so there’s really no need for even more lists.

My goal, that I’m not certain I will reach, is to increase the number of ranked albums from 3000 to 10000, so that the number of ranked albums and songs are the same. I already have enough critics’ lists to make that increase, but there’s a lot of work to add another ~4000 albums to the database. Time that I don’t have in a forseeable future.

I hope that this doesn’t come as too much of a surprise or disappointment… I do appeciate all the work you have done!”

Having said that…

Vacantjoy, I want to emphasize that your work during the last few years has been nothing less than amazing. To have all the lists you have transcribed, collected here in one place, is a great source of information to every forum visitor! This itself could definitely warrant a donation, although of course it’s up to each individual visitor to decide how to use their money.
another ~4000 albums to the database. -> Don't you mean 7000 or the bubbling under albums are the remaining 3000 ?

Thank you for kind words Henrik,and mostly thank you for supporting me in bad times... <3
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

You’re welcome, Vacantjoy!

Yes, I meant that the bubbling under albums are already on AM.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”